Guerrilla Games has released Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.12, which doesn’t do much, but should make things smoother. The 260MB update doesn’t add much new to be honest, though it should make the game a better experience. Fans hoping for free content or DLC support will have to wait for the previously hinted expansion pack.
Credit where it’s due, most of the updates for the acclaimed open-world game have made it better. Prior to this, an update was released to stop crashes when buying new outfits for Aloy, a very welcome fix. It’s basically a general improvements update, but with the addition of 3D audio support for the PS4 Platinum Wireless Headset.
Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.12 has a number of progression fixes that should help players. Missions like “Point of the Spear” and “Revenge of the Nora” are now less glitchy, which players will definitely appreciate. While the glitches were never game breakers, some of them did frustrate players a lot, so this is definitely a worthwhile patch.
- Fixed an issue that some players might encounter in “The Point of the Spear” where players would be given an extra Carja Bow and Spear if Aloy died before talking to Rost.
- Fixed an issue in “The Point of the Spear” which some players might encounter where the Sawtooth would no longer be present when players updated their game to Patch 1.10 during the ‘Kill the Sawtooth’ objective.
- Fixed an issue in “Revenge of the Nora” where some players were able to bypass natural progression by entering the Metal Ring by jumping over the roots.
- Fixed an issue in “The Sun Shall Fall” where finishing a weapon tutorial during the Glinthawk encounter and reloading would result in some players not being able to enter the gates and continue the quest.
- Fixed an issue in “The Grave-Hoard” where completing a weapon tutorial during the Deathbringer encounter would prevent the Deathbringer from respawning when some players would reload the game.
- Fixed an issue in “To Curse the Darkness” where certain players could climb the roots around the entrance of the cave and bypass natural progression of the quest.
- Fixed an issue in “Deep Secrets of the Earth” where a few players were unable to enter the bunker after fast traveling during the animation of Aloy opening the vent.
- Fixed an issue in “The Mountain That Fell” where some players were able to leave the boundaries of the world.
- Fixed an issue in “Robbing the Rich” where certain players were not able to complete the quest when talking to Ravan.
- Fixed an issue in “Fatal Inheritance” where Daradi would be missing after fast traveling away from the quest area, which resulted in some players not being able to complete the ‘Return to Daradi’ objective.
- Fixed an issue in “A Moment’s Peace” where for some players the quest objective would be updated to “Return to Vilgund” after completing the quest, even though players did not meet Vilgund yet.
- Fixed an issue in “Collateral” where a few players wouldn’t be able to complete the ‘Talk to Olin and Enasha’ objective because Enasha would not wait in the Farm.
- Fixed an issue in “Cause for Concern” where completing Bandit Camps in a specific order would result in a few players not being able to interact with Nil to complete the quest.
- Fixed an issue in Cauldron Xi where certain players were able to bypass natural progression of the quest by escaping the core chamber during the ‘Defend the Core’ objective.
- Fixed an issue in the weapon tutorial for the War Bow, where using the Lodge War Bow would not tally towards any of the War Bow tutorials.
General gameplay tweaks and crash issues were also addressed in the update. You can view the full patch notes on Reddit.
Horizon Zero Dawn update 1.12 is available now to those that own the game. A sequel to the game was recently hinted, which should excite fans.