While Pokemon GO is going places with 15 million+ global downloads, we are hearing a wild rumor about a possible ?Harry Potter GO? in the making. If this rumor turns out to be true, very soon, players will desert Pokemon GO Gyms to explore schools of wizardry across the globe in order to gain new spells, powers and many more. This will be followed by spectacular combats in a magically augmented world.
However, the problem with this rumor is that the original source, IGN,?removed the article after publishing it. This is why we are not sure if Harry Potter GO will become a reality or not. However, we are not denying the fact that Harry Potter fans across the globe want a Pokemon GO-like game specific to their magical and mystical world.
Before IGN could take the post down, JTXH News?reportedly gathered some info from the now-defunct page. As it turns out, Niantic?s senior developer Marcus Figueroa spoke about future plans in an interview with IGN.
According to the site, Figueroa said ?We have acquired the rights for the app. The demand for this title was absolutely insane, so we figured we?d give it a shot. If we?re lucky we might see a launch by early 2017, but it?s hard to tell this early in the project.?
Reportedly, he further added that Niantic is mulling the idea of using the schools of witchcraft and wizardry in the same way as pokestops in?Pokemon GO. In any case, he didn?t promise anything. He apparently explained all these as a possibility.
With the hope that we would see such a game in the near future, we have listed down five reasons as to why Harry Potter GO has the potential to trump Pokemon GO.
1. ?J.K. Rowling?s Harry Potter franchise has hundreds of millions of fans across the globe. The film series based on this character reportedly amassed ?4 billion. So far, about?450 million books have apparently been sold. A new show based on this fictional work is in the offing, Daily Mail UK noted.
To top it off, there is no dearth of new fans either. With such a strong backing, it?s only natural that someday Niantic will have to yield to the wishes of the scores of fans and roll out Harry Potter GO, or whatever name they might come up with.
2. ?Harry Potter GO release can be coincided with the franchise?s movie, book or show launch to give them the marketing head-start. This will also help promote the movie in an inexpensive way. Not to forget the?Pokemon GO sponsored locations. Something similar to this can also be created in the magical world of wizards.
3. Unlike Pokemon GO, many current-generation kids around the world are familiar with Harry Potter. Hence, it?s only obvious that the number of people playing this game might increase tremendously if such a game becomes a reality.
4. With kids as the possible target audience, the game could introduce a way for parents to get involved to make it safer for the kids and also to keep an eye on them. It is worth reminding that?many accidents have been reported because of Pokemon GO players trying to ?catch ?em all.?
5. Pokemon GO can be played with the help of both iOS and Android devices. However, with kids as target audience, Niantic/Nintendo could try to bring the hand-held gaming consoles back to the fore to play Harry Potter GO.