The Box Art for Halo Wars 2 is going to a look a little different when it hits shelves in February. Microsoft just revealed a tweaked version of the original image on the game?s official page on the Xbox Live Marketplace. The changes are minimal and were most likely done for purely aesthetic reasons. We?re not expecting any cryptic messages or hidden Easter eggs to come out of this.
Halo Wars 2 Box Art Tweaks
Over on the?Halo subreddit, a fan by the name of DBCHAR1ZARD broke down all the differences between the original image and the new one:
- ???????The official box art is stretched out
- ???????The massive vehicle behind Atriox is much more exposed.
- ???????The Locust on the right is replaced by the Splinterback Blisterback.
- ???????It looks like the Scarabs got a bit of a redesign with the new AA cannon so it resembles the Halo 3 Scarab Tanks.
- ???????The Spirit Dropship that appears in the top left is completely gone.
The new image definitely conveys a more epic sense of scale, thanks to the pulled back perspective. However, we do feel like the UNSC soldiers from the original image had a lot of detail removed during the transition to the new image.
Halo Wars 2 deploys on both Xbox One and PC on February 21, 2017. The sequel once again meshes classic Real Time Strategy game mechanics with the epic lore of the Halo Universe. This time, players will be pitted against an all-new alien faction called the Banished. A new spin-off game mode called Blitz will be included as well.
If you want a sneak peek at all the new features, a beta for Halo Wars 2 is scheduled for January 17, 2017. Are you excited? Let us know in the comments below.
Also Read: Halo Wars Definitive Edition Out Now