Don?t get yourself excited on the midnight launch as Microsoft won?t be hosting any parties.
Most triple A game launches has some kind of celebration or events that would be held in some areas, most common are on major game retail chains or in a hotel. And they do it at midnight on the release day, during those times, people would line up way early in the morning just for a chance to purchase the game on day one. Sometimes it is also their way to share their excitement with the fans as their masterpiece game will arrive in stores. Unfortunately Microsoft won?t be doing this for Halo 5.
The guys from Destructoid asked some of the employees at GameStop if there would be any midnight events, the answer was a straight ?no?, as more retailers are now pushing for digital purchases rather than physical. And unlike in the previous years, few people show up on midnight releases.
In this case, Microsoft decided to take this advantage by setting up a digital midnight launch for Halo 5, instead of showing up at a store, Microsoft will be doing it online via livestream which will happen six hours before the actual game launch. It will feature a series of media from the Halo universe, a roundtable talk with the staff and more interesting tidbits.
You can check out the rundown below:
- The world premiere of ?Halo: The Fall of Reach? episode one, the new animated series that tells the dramatic tale of the origin and intrigue behind the SPARTAN program that propelled characters like the Master Chief and Dr. Catherine Halsey into the pantheon of Halo lore.
- The first Xbox roundtable featuring the writers behind ?Halo 5: Guardians? and Nathan Fillion, the voice of Spartan Buck.
- Special documentaries will get up close and personal with Halo superfans around the world, showcasing what makes Halo Nation unlike any other community in gaming.
- A lucky fan in Australia will play ?Halo 5: Guardians? from a helicopter flying over Sydney, as gameplay is broadcasted via a screen suspended from a second helicopter.
- In London, iconic entertainment venue The Roundhouse will transform into a ?Halo 5: Guardians? celebration, with a friendly tournament between four teams of YouTube creators and fans. U.K. fans can win a chance to attend the London event by visiting http://bit.ly/1REsmt6.
- In celebration of a Halo superfan from Japan who has played over 10,000 hours of Halo, Master Chief and Agent Locke action figurines will travel to the edge of space for the most epic Gamertag selfie.
- A Taiwanese cosplayer will bring his passion for the Master Chief to life when he collaborates with one of the hottest jewelry designers in Australia to recreate the Master Chief?s helmet with more than 30,000 Swarovski crystals. The one-of-a-kind helmet will be unveiled during the show and kick-start a chance for gamers around the world to bid on it for charity.
- In New Zealand, Halo fans will converge at the close of the Armageddon Expo for multiplayer sessions, cosplay displays and more.
- In Hong Kong, a real-life course inspired by the new ?Halo 5: Guardians? competitive Arena multiplayer mode, ?Breakout,? will be constructed, putting Halo fans into real 4v4 combat.
- In New York City, a special fan destination will take place at the brand new flagship store Microsoft at Fifth Ave. and 53rd St., located in the heart of Manhattan and culminating in the midnight launch of ?Halo 5: Guardians.?
Halo 5: Guardians will be available exclusively on Xbox One on October 27.