The most recent update for the game H1Z1 was truly awesome!
The Devs of H1Z1?are really fast when it comes to fixing bugs and glitches?the major and the top priority ones.
Last week, the patch notes for the 1/23 update was revealed and it contains some interesting fix for the problems we are facing in game especially with the current loot system.
H1Z1 most recent update last 1/23
Here are the patch notes of the latest update of the game H1Z1 as posted on their Subreddit:
- Revised loot spawn rules
- Your nameplate will not display while prone.
- Fixed Metal Doors to open/close/lock/unlock properly.
- Punji stick traps, dew collectors, and rabbit traps will now slowly decay over time. They can be repaired with a hammer.
- Punji sticks have lower health and should be a little easier to remove.
- Spool of twine now has a unique icon.
- The arrow recipe now produces one arrow instead of two.
- Increased placed barricade resistance to damage.
- Slightly raised the chance to harvest usable cloth from dead zombies.
- Metal pipes, metal sheets, and hunting rifles can be melted down in furnaces for metal bars.
- There were two Calamity (EU) servers. One has been renamed to Collapse (EU). Please check the green character indicator on the far left of server select to see if which server your character is on.
- The ground tamper item has been disabled and the recipe to make it is no longer discoverable
- Improved Vehicle Survivability
- Rotten food has been removed from the fridge spawners
Is the loot spawn issue fixed or not?
As you can see in the patch note above, they said that the loot spawn rules have been revised so that should fix the current issue regarding the loot we can find in game. However, many people are still posting in H1Z1 Subreddit saying that the loot system is still not working properly?some even say that it is far worse compared to the pre-patch, like what Crux69 said.
One Redditor named Dead_Not posted his analysis regarding the loot rate of H1Z1 and he stated:
- Open world loot (non container loot): Working and respawning.
- Unwanted world loot (empty bottles, etc): Will remain unless moved.
- Container loot: Initial loot spawns working, never respawns, ever.
- Vehicle container loot: Initial loot working, never respawns, ever.
- Zombie loot: Working.
- Breakable crates: Initial breaking of the crates generate loot, respawned crates seem to only drop planks.
- Container loot makes up 80 percent or so of the loot in the game, and at this current moment, will never respawn in the world, ever.
Personally, I?m not really bothered with how the loot system works right now. I never had any trouble with the loot on my server (Pestilence, Hardcore PvE server) right after the patch. To show some proof, I?ve taken 2 screenshots of my inventory and here are the things I found during my 2-3 hours run.
I also found lots of canned foods in the fridge in some of the houses I?ve been and there was this one house that has 3 canned foods inside the fridge.
Image cap by Author