Grand Theft Auto V?s multiplayer mode, called Grand Theft Auto Online or just GTA Online, has just received a new patch in the form of the ?I?m Not A Hipster? update. This fresh downloadable content (DLC) from developer Rockstar is now available to Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 owners who play the game.
This update, though named as such, ironically includes characters donning skinny jeans, thick-rimmed glasses, and trendy tattoos for users to enjoy (or laugh at). Rockstar fondly described this new extension as a series of ?post ironic, artisanal, organic, entirely independent, 100% re-claimed ?I?m Not a Hipster? update.?
Along with a long list of bug fixes and tweaks, the new GTA Online DLC will bring seven new vehicles that can be used to navigate that crime-laden GTA world. It includes classic rides such as the Glendale, Blade, and Rhapsody, as well as the environment-friendly Panto microcar. With these, Rockstar is apparently offering something for every type of carjackers out there.
The hipster-themed patch will also bring in new weapons like the Antique Cavalry Dagger and the Vintage Pistol. Three new Gang Attacks in East Vinewood, Mirror Pack and Chumash are included along with 12 new Jobs that can be played across various games modes.
Here are the 12 new jobs integrated in the new GTA Online patch, together with the corresponding rank you should have to play and the number of players allowed. Rockstar listed detailed description for each of them in their official Newswire blog.
- Airwaves (Rank 15, 1-8 Players)
- Beach Odyssey (Rank 15, 1-16 Players)
- Before It Was Cool (Rank 15, 1-8 Players)
- Caffeine Rush (Rank 1, 1-8 Players)
- Contend: Condo-monium (Rank 1, 2-8 Players)
- East Vinewood LTS (Rank 9, 2-16 Players)
- Embracing America (Rank 1, 1-8 Players)
- GTA: Grab a Cab (Rank 1, 2-8 Players)
- Hip to be Cool (Rank 1, 1-8 Players)
- Legion Square Survival (Rank 25, 1-4 Players)
- Puerta Del Sol (Rank 1, 2-8 Players)
- Trend Setting (Rank 1, 1-16 Players)
The console-based GTA V, released in September last year for PS3 and Xbox 360, had amassed approximately $ 1 billion sales in just 72 hours. This reflects how massively popular the GTA franchise is. In accordance with this new GTA Online DLC, Rockstar also announced that GTA V will finally be available this fall for the PS4, Xbox One, and Windows PC.
Photo Credit: ?Rockstargames.com