The newest graphics card from Nvidia has arrived, but which one is worth your money?
The new GTX 950 promises to provide the best quality card for middle-class gaming rigs. It packs a large 2GB VRAM and can run hi-end games even in 1080p resolution. Before we start, let?s take a look at the specs of the GTX 950:
GTX 950 Engine Specs:
- 768CUDA Cores
- 1024Base Clock (MHz)
- 1188Boost Clock (MHz)
- 2Texture Fill Rate (GigaTexels/sec)
GTX 950 Memory Specs:
- 6 GbpsMemory Clock
- 2 GBStandard Memory Config
- GDDR5Memory Interface
- 128-bitMemory Interface Width
- 6Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec)
GTX 950 Technology Support:
- Yes (2-way)NVIDIA SLI? Ready
- YesNVIDIA G-Sync?-Ready
- YesNVIDIA GameStream?-Ready
- YesGeForce ShadowPlay?
- 0NVIDIA GPU Boost?
- YesDynamic Super Resolution Technology
- YesNVIDIA GameWorks?
- 12 API with Feature Level 12.1Microsoft DirectX
- PCI Express 3.0 Bus Support
- Windows 10, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, Linux, FreeBSD x86OS Certification
- 5120x3200Maximum Digital Resolution*
- 2048x1536Maximum VGA Resolution
- Dual Link DVI-I, HDMI 2.0, 3x DisplayPort 1.2 Standard Display Connectors
- 4 displaysMulti Monitor
- InternalAudio Input for HDMI
Now which brand should you get for the GTX 950? Well all of the brands are using the same specs for the GTX 950 and some of the unique features are on the cooling system, the bundled software and the size, and not to mention a slight difference on the price tag.
Asus GeForce GTX 950 Mini 2GB Edition ? No changes on the performance expect for the size, it only hosts a single cooling fan and a smaller size, this is recommended for those who have a smaller PC rig.
Zotac AMP! GTX 950 2GB Edition ? Initially overcloked from the original 1024MHz to 1188MHz, and it can be boost to up to 1405MHz, it?s operating clock has also been boosted from 1653MHz to 1755MHz. And to ensure it won?t malfunction with its overclocked settings, the AMP! Version has twin fans to optimize its cooling. If you want a GTX 950 with 12% boost and does not want to tinker much on the overclock settings and has a good cooling system on your rig, then pick this.
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 950 WindForce 2X OC 2GB Edition ? If you plan to overclock your card and you need a really good cooling system, then get the WindForce 2X edition, with two cooling fans and a good ventilation design for better airflow. And since this is an OC edition, the card is durable enough to withstand high temperatures from overclocking.
So far these are some of the GTX 950 variants that we could recommend based on your preference, but there are still more variants that are great. If you got yourself a GTX 950, share us your thought about the card.