If you?re looking to tweak your new Samsung Galaxy Note Edge, you can try to give a new feature courtesy of a custom mod — full screen caller ID. Find out how to do it below.
What this mod is all about
A new Android modification developed by ?dr.ketan,? an XDA Recognized Contributor, gives your Galaxy Note Edge the ability to display the caller ID on the entire screen every time you make and receive a call.
This mod works specifically for the Galaxy Note Edge N915F model. The dev noted that this can be used on devices with Odexed or Deodexed ROMs. What?s great is that it also works on the Galaxy Note 4 with model number N910T. This is how the mod will look like once flashed on your handset:
Steps on how to install the full screen caller ID mod
The instructions and downloads are provided by dr.ketan in this XDA forum thread. But you may also follow the outlined guide we listed below. As an added precaution, you can create a backup of all your important data before flashing the mod.
Please be advised that this is a third-party modification and the procedure we?re about to give is lifted from the said developer?s work. Therefore, The Bitbag will not be held responsible for any damage that may happen to your device.
- Download the right file to your computer.
- Connect your Galaxy Note to the computer using a USB cable. Transfer the zip file to the SD card folder of the device. Take note of the location.
- Disconnect it from the computer and switch it off.
- Reboot the phone into recovery mode by pressing the following buttons simultaneously: Volume Up, Power and Home buttons.
- While in recovery mode, choose ?wipe data/factory reset.?
- Return to the recovery main menu and choose ?install zip from sdcard? ?> ?choose zip from sdcard? > then locate the folder where you saved the zip file, select it and confirm the installation.
- When the installation is done, reboot the device.
Photo Credit: ?Samsung