After days of staying quiet and putting all of its efforts on the Galaxy Note 7 recall, Samsung finally breaks its silence. The company has released a public apology though a video by its the president and COO of Samsung America.
In the said video, Tim Baxter expressed his deepest apology to its loyal customers about the recent battery issues. He also said that the company is doing its best to replace all the faulty Galaxy Note 7 units as fast as possible.
Samsung also stated that it has worked closely with the United States Consumer Productions Safety Commission about the issue. The government agency was notified by Samsung immediately after its initial investigation on the exploding battery problem. After that, the company issued a global recall to assure the safety of its customers. Samsung and the government agency are still working closely to expedite and deliver the plan to protect its consumers.
Baxter also said that so far, Samsung has replaced around 130,000 Galaxy Note 7 units. Samsung is doing it best to replace each and every unit that it has sold since the phone release early this month. Meanwhile, Baxter is urging owners of compromised units to power them off and contact their sales agents immediately.
The president of Samsung America ended the video by saying that the new Galaxy Note 7 batteries are safe to use. He also assured consumers that the battery issue has been resolve. To make sure of it, Samsung has hired a recognized independent lithium-ion battery expert to affirm its test results.
The company promised that replacement phone will be ready not later than Sept 21 in the United States.
For more news about the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall, be sure to ?check us out at TheBitBag.