Android

Galaxy Note 7 Burns A Hole In Man’s Pocket – Literally!

By on

It seems that things are getting somewhat out of hand for Samsung right now. After releasing a public apology and official US recall announcement, news broke out about a lawsuit filed against the company.

According to Reuters, a man from Florida filed a lawsuit after his Galaxy Note 7 caught fire while inside his front pocket. In the said report, Jonathan Strobel sustained a second-degree on his right leg. He also burned his thumb trying to get the phone out of his pocket when it caught fire.

READ ALSO: Samsung Finally Breaks Silence On The Galaxy Note 7 Recall

In a statement from his lawyer, the complainant was doing his regular shopping on Sept. 9 when his phone suddenly caught fire. “He has a deep second-degree burn, roughly the size of the phone, on his right thigh,” Strobel’s lawyer Keith Pierro said. The lawyer also said that Mr. Strobel is not aware of the recall announcement from Samsung.

READ ALSO: T-Mobile Warned Their Current iPhone Users Not To Upgrade To iOS 10 Yet

According to Samsung?s spokesperson Danielle Meister Cohen, “We don’t comment on pending litigation. We are urging all Note 7 owners to power their device down and exchange it immediately.”

READ ALSO: Pokemon GO Update: New PokeVision Alternatives You Can Use

Before the lawsuit, Samsung has received around ninety-two reports of Galaxy Note 7 batteries overheating in the US alone. Fifty-five of those reports involve property damage while twenty of which resulted to personal injuries.

Late last week, Samsung issued a public apology in connection with this incident. It also, through its COO and president Tim Baxter, urged owners of Galaxy Note 7s to exchange their units immediately. He also suggested that owners keep their phones powered off prior to the exchange.

READ ALSO: FBI Suggests A Not-So-High-Tech Way To Ensure Online Privacy

Samsung is expected to replace around 1 million Galaxy Note 7 units in the US alone. According to the company, it has prepared at least 130,000 units ready to be delivered not later than Sept. 21. The company assured consumers that the new replacement units are safe to use. In order to be sure of that, Samsung has taken the results of its tests to an independent and recognized lithium-ion battery expert.

For more on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 recall issue, be sure to check us out at TheBitBag.

READ ALSO: Samsung Not Remotely Deactivating Galaxy Note 7s, Limiting Battery Charge Instead

About the author

To Top