With specs like 2.3GHz quad-core Snapdragon 800, 13-megapixel camera, 5.7-inch Super AMOLED display with HD resolution, there?s no denying that the Galaxy Note 3 is still a very relevant device. Even though it?s in the market since September 2013, the Samsung phablet can still hold its ground against other more recently released models.
However, there are some features that are present on the newer Galaxy Note 4 that Samsung decided not to include in its older sibling. One of them is the ?floating message? feature found on the interface of the current-gen Note phablet. Find out more about it below.
What is the floating message feature?
These floating messages or ?Air Message? to be specific, is a new feature from Samsung?s updated TouchWiz user interface (UI). This allows you to conveniently preview content from an option or message without having to open it up.
A crafty XDA Senior Member named ?nambavuong? has recently provided instructions on how you can flash the said feature on the Galaxy Note 3. Here is how it will look like if installed properly on the device.
Steps on how to install the Air Message mod on your Galaxy Note 3
The developer provided a guide in this forum thread on how you can get this mod running on your phablet. You may also check out the procedure we?ve listed below for an outlined approach. Please take note that this is only a gist of a modification made by a third-party developer, therefore, The BitBag is not responsible to any damage that may occur.
- Download flashable zip file on your computer.
- Connect your device to the computer and move the file to the SD card storage of the phone.
- Disconnect the Note 3 from the computer and switch it off.
- Put the phone into recovery mode by pressing and holding the following buttons together: Volume Up, Power and Home button.
- Don?t forget to create a backup of the current phone setup in the recovery mode.
- When in recovery mode, choose wipe data/factory reset.
- Go back to the recovery main menu and select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard then locate the folder where you saved the zip file, select it and confirm the installation.
- When the installation is done, select ?wipe cache and dalvik cache? once again.
- Once the process is finished, you may reboot your Galaxy Note 3 to normal mode.
Photo Credit: ?Samsung