Starting today on Playstation 3 you can download a free downloadable add on for Dragonball: Raging Blast. according the information from Namco Bandai, those of us that purchased the game will be able to get a few sets of DLC. Both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 over the next few weeks will have content, for the most part both consoles will receive the DLC on the same dates except for a few, due to the holidays. Hit the break for the details.
NAMCO BANDAI GAMES TO RELEASE SERIES OF FREE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR DRAGON BALL®: RAGING BLAST
NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. will release a series of free DLC packs for Dragon Ball®: Raging Blast for Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system. The first pack in the series is now available on PlayStation®Network and will be ready for download from Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360 on Nov. 26, 2009. The series includes customized character packs that will be released as free downloadable content every two weeks between now and April 2010. Each pack will include customized versions of popular characters, each with different powered-up abilities, which can be used in exciting versus battles in the game.
The following customized Dragon Ball character packs will be available for free download on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360 and PlayStation®Network biweekly (note: packs will be available on same days for both platforms, except holidays as noted):
- Nov. 24, 2009 (PlayStation Network): Warriors on Earth Pack – Krillin, Yamcha, Tien and Chiaotzu
- Nov. 26, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace): Warriors on Earth Pack – Krillin, Yamcha, Tien and Chiaotzu
- Dec. 10, 2009: Alien Warriors Pack – Vegeta (Scouter), Raditz, Nappa, Zarbon and Dodoria
- Dec. 22, 2009 (PlayStation Network): Ginyu Force Pack – Captain Ginyu, Recoome, Burter, Jeice and Guldo
- Dec. 24, 2009 (Xbox LIVE Marketplace): Ginyu Force Pack – Captain Ginyu, Recoome, Burter, Jeice and Guldo
- Jan. 7, 2010: Androids Pack – Android #16, Android #17, Android #18, Android #19 and Dr. Gero
- Jan. 21, 2010: Warriors of Justice Pack – Kid Gohan, Gohan, Kid Trunks, Goten and Videl
- Feb. 4, 2010: Revived Warriors Pack – Majin Buu, Kid Buu, Broly, Super Gogeta and Super Saiyan 3 Broly
- Feb. 18, 2010: Saiyans Pack – Majin Vegeta, Trunks (Fighting Teen), Vegito, Bardock and Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta
- March 4, 2010: Ultimate Warriors Pack 1 – Goku, Teen Gohan, Piccolo, Bardock and Super Gogeta
- March 18, 2010: Ultimate Warriors Pack 2 – Majin Vegeta, Frieza, Android #17, Android #18 and Cell
- April 1, 2010: Ultimate Warriors Pack 3 – Vegeta (Scouter), Vegeta, Trunks (Sword), Vegito and Super Saiyan 3 Vegeta
- April 15, 2010: Ultimate Warriors Pack 4 – Majin Buu, Super Buu, Kid Buu, Broly and Super Saiyan 3 Broly
Recreating the popular Dragon Ball Z series’ epic combat in all its glory, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast includes a host of exciting gameplay options including powerful and customizable attacks, stunning HD graphics, and a variety of gameplay modes including online or offline versus and tournament matches. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast features more than 70 characters, including transformations, facing off against each other in iconic battles throughout the Dragon Ball Z series’ sagas as their favorite heroes and villains.
New interactive and massively destructible environments lend an enhanced layer of intensity to the battle as characters can now take immense damage from being smashed into mountains, buildings and debris during heated battles. On top of classic signature moves, characters also benefit from a new “Super Rising” move which allows players to quickly fly upwards throughout large-scale battle stages, adding a new layer of strategy and tactics to the melee. As players progress through the game and win more battles, they receive items and Super Attacks as rewards. Players can then utilize these with the Ultimate Customize option to configure up to three customization profiles of each character, which can then be used in versus battles. Dragon Ball: Raging Blast is set to deliver more explosive fighting action than ever seen before!
Developed by acclaimed game studio SPIKE, Dragon Ball: Raging Blast is rated “T” for teen audiences by the ESRB and carries an MSRP of $59.99.