The For Honor update 1.05 is available now and Ubisoft has released patch notes for the number of improvements made. The online-only brawler has experienced some problems in multiplayer, so this new update should please the game’s fans for now. It also makes things more balanced, so that there is no superior attack or clan, at least for a time.
Ubisoft has listened to plenty of feedback and planned the fixes accordingly, which should make many fans happy. Everything from Super Blocks to Revenge Mode has been fixed or nerfed to have a more fair game for all players involved. This is especially important since the game’s focus is mostly on multiplayer, as the single-player feels like a tutorial or a demo for the online modes.
Judging from the amount of fixes made, it looks like For Honor update 1.05 will be a well-liked update. While it won’t change the minds of those who don’t like it, the ones who do will have a more fair and balanced experience. So, without further ado, here are the major changes made to the game via the 1.05 update.
- Superior Block Fixes: Warden’s Top Light opener Superior Block visual effect applied on sword. Kensei’s Dodge Forward, Left, Right Superior Block visual effect applied on sword.
- Guardbreak Fixes: Removed Guardbreak Cancel from Shield Tackle Cancel Moveset description from Valkyrie Class. Updated Guardbreak Tutorial text for more clarity on Counter Guardbreak. [Bug Fix] Counter Guardbreak ability is no longer affected by the Debuff Gear Stat.
- Revenge mode Defense (found on Weapon slot 2, usually hilt)
- maximum bonus decreased from 48.2% down to 32.1%
- maximum penalty decreased from -16.1% to -10.6%
Revenge gain by Defense (found on Weapon slot 2, usually hilt)
- maximum bonus decreased from 36.2% down to 24.1%
- maximum penalty decreased from -12.1% to -8.0%
Revenge mode attack (found on Weapon part 3, usually guard)
- maximum bonus decreased from 48.2% down to 24.1%
- maximum penalty decreased from -16.1% to -8.0%
Revenge mode duration (found on Helm part)
- maximum bonus decreased from 54.0% down to 25.0%
- maximum penalty decreased from -18.0% to -8.3%.
There’s more game balancing as well as hero nefs in the update. You can check the full patch notes here. For Honor is available now on the PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC. It has received mixed reviews, but is considered a competent game for the most part, though it isn’t particularly original.