Nintendo has unveiled the Fire Emblem Echoes season pass and it’s jam-packed with content that should keep players really busy. It’s also US$44.99, which is more expensive than the upcoming title, so that’s a bit of an issue. Expensive season passes have been a subject of debate, but the price is ridiculously expensive, no matter the gaming system.
Fans curious about the content can check it out in the game’s website and determine if the price is good. Destructoid probably said it best, pointing out that Nintendo went from anti-DLC to constant DLC for their games. To be fair, none of them have been as pricey as the one for this month’s Fire Emblem Echoes.
Season Pass Content
The content for the Fire Emblem Echoes season pass has been detailed and it will definitely keep players entertained. While the price of the pass is ridiculous, the amount of content might be great for fans of the series. Games like Star Wars Battlefront and Fallout 4 have also had expensive season passes, so Echoes’ content should be better.
- Season Pass (May 19, $44.99, 22 pieces of content): The Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia Season Pass includes all five DLC packs as they release. By purchasing the Season Pass, fans who want to receive all DLC will save more than 30 percent compared to purchasing all 22 pieces of content on their own.
- DLC Pack #1 – Fledgling Warriors Pack (May 19, $7.99, three pieces of content): Ideal for early- to mid-game adventurers, this pack includes a new dungeon (The Astral Temple) and two new maps, great for gaining more items, money and experience points.
- DLC Pack #2 – Undaunted Heroes Pack (May 25, $9.99, three pieces of content): In addition to a new dungeon (The Inner Sanctum), this pack also includes two challenging new maps that stronger, more seasoned heroes will want to tackle.
- DLC Pack #3 – Lost Altars Pack (May 25, $14.99, 10 pieces of content): The mysterious dungeons included in this pack hold the power to upgrade characters to exclusive classes that don’t appear in the main game.
- DLC Pack #4 – Rise of the Deliverance Pack (June 1, $12.99, four pieces of content): Discover the previously untold history of Valentia in this Prologue pack. Complete with new story content and additional voice acting that details the rise of the Deliverance in Zofia, this collection of challenging maps includes new support conversations between selected heroes, as well as the ability to take command of a character players won’t be able to control in the main game.
- DLC Pack #5 ($5.99, two pieces of content): More information about this final DLC pack will be revealed in the future.
Fire Emblem Echoes comes out on May 19 for the 3DS. Other Fire Emblem games for the system include the two Fate games and Awakening. Fire Emblem Warriors is also coming, though it will be New 3DS exclusive.