The erotic and sexed-up BDSM sequel, Fifty Shades Darker, has a new director and the release date of the movie might have been delayed because Dakota Johnson (Anastasia Steele) was afraid of being directed by a man. Fifty Shades of Grey director Sam Taylor-Johnson has dropped out of the sequel and Johnson ?momentarily panicked? at the idea of a male director, IB Times reported.
The sequel to the Fifty Shades movie has been rumored to have been delayed numerous times because Jamie Dornan (Christian Grey) was reportedly falling out of love with his wife. Rumors have also pointed out that the delay happened? because Dornan was either falling in love with Johnson or has been in an argument with his wife after being seen flirting with his fans.
Afraid Of New Director
It seems that the new male director who is known for House of Cards and Hannibal, James Foley, is another reason for the delay. Johnson said that she felt hesitant and afraid after hearing that Foley would be directing the sequel. ?There was a moment of being afraid, because I didn?t know what it was going to be like,? Johnson said.
It seems however that she immediately got inside her comfort zone after pondering about the idea. ?Now I?m excited. I think James is a talented film-maker. How often do you get to reconvene with the same people and have a different spin??
One of the previously rumored cast for the sequel included Man of Steel star Henry Cavil for the role of Jack Hyde who is Steele’s boss. New rumors have surfaced that the role will either be portrayed by Ian Somerhalder (Vampire Diaries) or Theo James (Divergent), News Everyday reported.
Fifty Shades Darker will be released on February 10, 2017 while Fifty Shades Freed will hit cinemas in on February 9, 2018.