We?re not sure how fans will react if the cast of the upcoming Fast and Furious 8 says the phrase ?One Last Ride? again in the film as Vin Diesel has now confirmed that three movies are planned for the popular action-racing movie. ?I promised the studio I would deliver one last trilogy to end the saga,? Vin Diesel said on his Facebook page.
There might definitely be no concrete plans for the trilogy yet as a director has yet to be announced for Fast and Furious 8. Diesel promised to announce if they have already found new ?directors? to helm the sequel.
?To be clear, NO ONE has been offered to? helm Fast 8 yet? let alone seen a script? I will announce the directors on my next post.?
According to IGN, Diesel is allegedly one of the reasons why F7 director James Wan opted to drop-out on helming the sequel. Wan found it Diesel to work with Diesel and there are also speculations that the actor wants to direct F8, the report said.
Tokyo Drift Star Might Return
Apart from the rumored new stars to help boost the film?s star power now that Paul Walker is gone, Tokyo Drift protagonist Sean Boswell (Lucas Black) might also reprise his role in the sequel. According to SlashFilm, the last scene in Tokyo Drift where Dom (Vin Diesel) and Sean meets together actually takes place during the timeline of F7.
This might actually confirm that Sean will be joining the team to avenge the killer of his friend, Han. SlashFilm says it is actually Jason Statham?s character who kills Han. This opens up the possibility of Sean joining the team to avenge his friend. This revenge story is also plausible as Statham previously confirmed that he will return for the sequel.
Are you happy to possibly see three more Fast and Furious movies? Do you think Sean will return? Fast and Furious 8 is scheduled to release in theaters on April 14, 2017.