Like numerous other games by Bethesda, Fallout 4 is rife with bugs that can either ruin your gameplay or help you improve your game via exploits. If the bugs are ruining your game, you can now download the first Fallout 4 update if you?re gaming on PC.
The Fallout 4 update is now live on beta form on Steam and it offers several stability improvements and it fixes crash issues, Shack News reported. Here are all the patch contents available in the Fallout 4 Steam Beta update per Steam Community:
- Number pad keys can now be used for remapping.
- Remapping Activate now works on Quick Container.
- General memory and stability improvements.
- Fixed issue where equipped weapons become locked after completing Reunions.
- Fixed issue with ?When Freedom Calls? where the quest would not complete.
- During ?Confidence Man?, fixed issue where player?s health would continuously regenerate.
- Fixed crash related to jumping into water and reloading saved games.
- Fixed issue where Launcher would not save God Rays Quality selling properly.
Fallout 4 Update For Consoles And PC
Players might have to wait for a while before an update hits the consoles and PC. ?Our process for updating the game will include releasing a beta patch on Steam, followed by full release on PC, then on the consoles,? Bethesda said last week.? ?This process has worked well for us in the past and allows us to get more fixes out faster.?
Bethesda said they will release small updates more frequently than large patches. ?This allows us to make sure each fix is working right, as any change can have unintentional side effects in a game this huge,? Bethesda added.
If you?re wondering why Bethesda?s games have a lot of bugs, the studio revealed last October that they only have over 100 people who worked on Fallout 4, a small number compared to other game studios. According to Gamerant, Grand Theft Auto 5 was made by 1,000 developers while Witcher 3 was made by three times more developers than Fallout 4.