The Fallout 4 mods on PS4 platform brought so much excitement to fans, they were oblivious of the fine print. There were two major setbacks that made modding on PS4 very different from the Xbox One and PC platforms.
First off, the Fallout 4 mods on PS4 will only cater to in-game assets only. Any third party assets will not be entertained by the PS4 platform. The condition set the bar where the magical modding feature halts compared to the other platforms. It is a limitation that is quite frustrating. But given how Sony allowed these game mods on the system, it?s quite doable at the moment.
The second Fallout 4 mods on PS4 setback has something to do with the space allocated for the mods. According to Neowin, the PS4 platform can only accommodate up to 1GB of mods. Compared to the Xbox One platform, players enjoy a maximum space of 2GB. This is also one of the reasons why Xbox One and PC platforms have over 3,000 mods while the PS4 currently hosts 200 mods.
But then again; the Xbox One and PC platform started as early as April and May. Fallout 4 mods on PS4 only started couple of weeks ago. It is expected that the number of mods will increase in time. Meanwhile, according to PlayStation LifeStyle, ?the latest Fallout 4 update 1.12 delivered several fixes on the modding structure on the PS4 platform. Some of its patch notes include:
- General optimizations and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue in which some sound effects would not persist after reloading in an area
- Resolved an occasional crash when exiting to the Main Menu, and trying to start a New Game
- Fixed an issues with spaces in Mods search queries
- Cannot rate ?WIP? Work in Progress Mods, and Mods can now only be rated after they have been downloaded
- Fixed an issue in which Library and/or Favorite Mods categories would not display correctly in specific situations