Electronic Arts mentioned on their page that they are introducing their first free content update for EA SPORTS UFC. The update is now available for download worldwide for the PlayStation 4 and the Xbox One. The update mainly revolves around gameplay improvements, better animations as well as improvements to the online experience. Aside from the gameplay related updates, there will also be new fighters added to the EA SPORTS UFC roster.
The new fighters that are now available for access include:
Tj Dillashaw ? The newly crowned Bantamweight Champion after winning the title last May 24, 2014 in a championship fight against Renan Bar?o.
Takeya Mizugaki ? A Japanese born fighter who belongs to the Bantamweight Division.
Tyron Woodley ? A fighter in the Welterweight Division.
A video of the fighters as well as other updates can be seen below.
Here are a few key gameplay updates:
- Touch Gloves:?Users will now have the ability to manually make their fighter touch gloves (or choose not to touch gloves) before beginning to fight by pressing L2 on PS4 or LT on Xbox One. This can be done at the start of every round, or anytime the ref stands the fighters up.
- Finish the Fight:?During a knockout, the attacking fighter can jump on their downed opponent and ?finish the fight? by delivering extra strikes as the knockout occurs.
- Sprawls:?The defending fighter now sprawls when successfully defending against a power takedown.
- Clinch Break from the Cage:?Fighters now have the ability to break out of a clinch when pressed against the fence by pressing the L3 button.
- Power Takedowns and Sweeps:?Power takedowns and side control sweeps have been removed from fighters who would not normally have them.
- Stamina:?Stamina no longer regenerates if the user holds block. The user will also take a larger stamina penalty if hit while weak blocking.
- Sweep Defense:?The dominant fighter in the Full Guard position now has a larger window to reverse the Full Guard sweep to Mount.
The UFC is a very dynamic fighting sport and not everything will be covered by the game at launch. This update increases the diversity of the game and adds more layers to the game?s complexity.
Photo Source: EA SPORTS UFC website
Other stories you may be interested in: