While most fans are waiting for Dragon Ball FighterZ, Nintendo Switch owners will soon get Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 on their gaming system. Bandai Namco have confirmed that the game will be coming to Nintendo’s new system on September 22, though it’s not clear if any paid DLC will be included. The Switch will also have a number of exclusive features, like six player local mode and motion controls among other things.
Bandai Namco announced the news on their Facebook page, along with a number of “new” screenshots from the game, even though it’s a year old already. Of course, these could be screenshots from the Nintendo Switch version, so they can be considered new by the less cynical crowd. Aside from the new features, it doesn’t seem like there will be much new about the game, though the title itself is a solid mix of loot collecting and chaotic battles.
- Switch specific controls and functionality, for example perform the Kamehameha and Spirit Bomb with the Joy-Con motion controls.
- Six player local play mode (additional Nintendo Switch units required).
- Use individual Joy-Con controllers to play the game with a friend locally.
- Relive the Dragon Ball story by time traveling and protecting historic moments in the Dragon Ball universe.
- More in-depth avatar creation system and battle adjustments compared to Dragon Ball Xenoverse.
Those with a PS4, Xbox One and Windows PC can already get Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2, along with all of the DLC that’s available for purchase. With the season pass, fans can get all of the new Dragon Ball Super DLC, including Super Saiyan Rose’ Goku Black, Zamasu, SSGSS Vegito and much more. It’s not yet clear if the DLC or season pass will be part of the Nintendo Switch or if it will be available on a later date.