Skype is just one of many VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) services that people can use throughout the world. Skype, however, is one of the most popular and widely-used. Currently, it has also allowed Windows users to sign in or create a Skype account using their Microsoft login. This means that a lot of people want to know how to download Skype.
But not everyone is on a Windows desktop or laptop. What’s more Windows still has several versions out there floating in the market and in actual use. Skype, thankfully is platform-agnostic, meaning you can use it on a lot of electronic devices–even you TV!
Another great thing about it is that you usually find Skype pre-installed in Windows 8 laptops, tablets and smartphones. Still, there are some cases where you need to download the service onto your device.
So how do you install Skype? Here are the steps for PC:
1. Make sure you have a good internet connection. Go to the Skype website.
2. On the top navigattion bar, click on ‘downloads’.
3. Choose the platform where you want to download Skype. Since Microsoft is tied with Skype, they’re pushing you to buy Windows 8 and get Skype. Scroll down a little more to see the link for ‘Download Skype for Windows desktop’.
4. After clicking that, it immediately downloads the application. Once it’s finished downloading, launch the ‘SkypeSetup’ file and follow the wizard.
Keep in mind that you may need to sign up for a Skype account. If you have a Microsoft Live account, you can use that to sign in automatically.
For iOS, here’s how to download Skype:
1. Go to the Apple App Store on your iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch. Search for ‘Skype’ in the search bar on the top right corner.
2. Once the app appears in the search results, tap the ‘Free’ button then the ‘Install’ choice that comes up.
3. Input your Apple ID password and wait for the app to finish downloading.
For Android, here’s how to download Skype:
1. Go to your device’s app store. Depending on your device, you may have Skype there. Search for it in the app store.
2. Tap the app icon from the search results to go to Skype’s app page and then tap the button for downloading.
3. Tap ‘Allow’ in the window that comes up asking for permissions to modify your device.
4. Wait for the app to finish downloading.
In case you didn’t know you can also download Skype on Linux, Mac, your Smart TV, your Playstation Vita and Outlook. Check out their website for more versions of the app.