The sequel to Dishonored from Bethesda isn?t playable yet until Steam unlocks it on Friday afternoon. However, people who pre-ordered Dishonored 2 will get to play the game earlier. People using Steam servers located in New Zealand, Australia and Asia will be the lucky ones.
Furthermore, playing the game at the present time will require a little bit of work. Thanks to NeoGAF user JaseC, someone will get to play the game early on by following these the steps below.
How To Play Dishonored 2 Now Instructions
- Log out of Steam mobile app and then change your password using the desktop application client.
- Download and install FlyVPN(Take note that it has 20-minute session limit), TunnelBear (Note it has 500MB data limit), VPN Gate or VyprVPN (Note: Has 500MB bandwidth limit)
- Connect to either of the following server: New Zealand, Asia or Australia.
- If you?re logged in, restart the Steam application
- Unlock the game
- Switching to offline mode is totally optional. However, it will preserve the Play button, given that it will revert back to being ?Pre-Load? after being disconnected to the VPN. Fortunately, even if it got disconnected in the middle of the game, players won?t be kicked out from the game.
How Does Dishonored 2 Fare On PC?
According to the PC Gamer website which involves a team of journalists that specializes in PC gaming and hardware, the game doesn?t show major problems running on a high-end PC. However, the problem is they?ve had more trouble running the game on a slightly more modest PCs.
In this case, people who are rocking a GTX 970s are bound to have problems. Phil Savage of PC Gamer used his home computer with the following specifications:
- Intel Core i5-6600K
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
- 16 Gigs of RAM
- 2560x1440p resolution
According to Savage, Dishonored 2?s auto-detect has suggested a mixture of High and Very High options using the computer specified above. The frame-rate averaged around 80 fps, with dips to 60 fps on city streets.
However, using a significantly less powerful machine is a disaster. Savage?s other PC specifications are as follows:
- Intel Core i5-3570K
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
- 16 Gigs of RAM
- 1920x1080p resolution
Dishonored 2?s auto-detect suggested a mixture of High to medium settings. The performance was a solid 60 fps indoors but will drop to 40 fps in the streets. In addition, the frame-rate drops are noticeable.
Phil Savage of PC Gamers didn?t say it was unplayable, but it was distracting. In addition, he said that he experience refresh rate problems which are noticeable when he is moving his mouse in small increments.
Avoid Dishonored 2…For Now
The current state of the game requires the PC owners to have a computer that is above the recommended specifications of the game. Savage said that his home PC, which is above the recommended settings, is performing well.
However, those who fall between the minimum and recommended requirements are likely to have problems. In addition, there will be numbers of issues which reducing the graphics quality won?t fix. That being said, Dishonored 2 should be avoided for now on PC until Bethesda comes up with a fix.