The Dishonored 2 beta patch 1.2 is now available for download and it brings some major fixes for the game. As Arkane Studios is consistently working on fixing the problems in its newly launched action-stealth video game, the company has released a new update on Steam. This update will replace the previously launched update 1.1, and players are advised to update their NVIDIA driver to version 375.95 on their PCs.
How To Download Dishonored 2 Beta Patch 1.2
To download the Dishonored 2 beta patch 1.2, players will need to select the game?s properties in the Steam library when they right click on Dishonored 2. In the properties menu, there is an option called Betas. From there, players can choose BetaPatch and start downloading the update. Once the game is updated, players can confirm by checking the game?s name which should now appear as Dishonored 2 [BetaPatch].
Dishonored 2 Beta Patch 1.2 Overview
Developer Arkane Studios says that the update brings some major fixes for the issues that have been causing problems. The studio?s official notes are as follows.
- Added a customizable FPS limiter to reduce the fluctuation
- Framerate capped at 120 FPS to prevent physics issues which occur only above 120fps
- Fixed various issues related to mouse, keyboard and gamepad. Mouse smoothing is now set to minimum by default
- Added a Framerate Limiter so the player can limit framerate fluctuation when playing without V-sync
- Adjusted Texture Details settings so settings make a significant visual and performance change
- Fixed a bug where VRAM usage was higher than available VRAM
- Reduced framerate stuttering
- Improved CPU cores utilization on high and low-end machines
- Fixed a bug where mouse sensitivity was framerate dependent
- Fixed a bug where Resolution Scaling was deactivated when the game ran above 30 FPS
Besides these fixes and changes, Arkane Studios has made several other general improvements and updates to the game?s core system. The developer advised players to report the issues on the game?s official forum. As the update is still in beta, there are chances that players might encounter some issues. But after the update, many players have reported that their gameplay is much better now. Though there are issues in the game, it seems that a couple of updates will completely fix the problems.