Whenever I see new announcements for Diablo RoS Patch 2.1, I rub my palms together in anticipation and hiss, ?Soon.? Until it does come out, though, that?s all I can do.
Blizzard still hasn?t announced the launch date of the Patch, but it?s going to be released through a Public Test Server that everyone can access. Keep in mind that the Patch will only be implemented on this server and not all the announcements and changes will be available immediately.
So far, here?s what we know we?re going to get with Diablo 3 RoS Patch 2.1:
1. When you make a new character, you get to choose between a Seasonal and Non-Seasonal character. Your Paragon points are not carried over to your Seasonal character. You also cannot interact with Non-Seasonal characters using a Seasonal character.
2. You now compete with other players not through Paragon Points but through your Greater Rift stats, Seasonal achievements and Conquests on a special Leaderboard.
3. Seasons may run from 1 to 6 months with the first season much longer than the others. Blizzard has not indicated an exact length and what other changes may happen during Seasons.
4. At the end of a Season, your Seasonal character can now be played in Adventure mode and can get access to your Paragon Points, gold and item stash. Your Seasonal character is now a Non-Seasonal character just like the rest of your toons.
5. Every Season, some Season-only Legendaries become available within the Season. While the Season is active you can only get these items with a Seasonal character participating in the Season. After the Season is over, the Legendaries roll over to the regular game and become available to non-Seasonal characters.
6. Keep in mind that Hardcore and Softcore Seasons are separate. You still get to choose if you want to use a Hardcore character or Softcore Character during a Season signup.
Are you excited about Seasons in the Diablo 3 RoS 2.1 patch? I have a feeling that this part of the patch appeals to ?a lot to players who have the most time to play. So how about the weekend and holiday-only crowd? That crowd includes me so let me assume my sad face.