What I love about the Diablo fan community is that they are a bunch of persistent, enterprising and mad geniuses. So when the Diablo 3 RoS Patch 2.1 came out on the PTR, you can be sure that some theorcrafters and coders broke open the code to pick through the things that Blizzard isn?t telling us.
You can also count on those obsessive compulsive players who notice everything and check and check whether something weird is going on with their skills or gear. Since the Diablo 3 RoS Patch 2.1 PTR is rather unstable and a whole bag of testing, we?re seeing a lot of things that aren?t mentioned in official announcements.
Keep in mind that these can change at any time and some of them might not actually even be present in the PTR, but a lot of rumours have been circulating about these:
- You can see how much gold?s been dropped on the ground.
- There?s a chance to get into the Treasure Goblin Realm when you kill a Treasure Goblin. You can also kill Greed, the boss in the realm.
- Kadala now has new ways to insult you and make fun of the stuff you get from her.
- Icon for Reusable Parts and Forgotten Souls has changed.
- Orlash is less annoying and spends less time invisible.
- Area Damage now has a new icon in the utility section for Paragon levels
- New Cursor
- The goblin from the puzzle ring no longer glows. Not sure if the mechanic has been permanently fixed as well.
- The gas from Ghom doesn’t hurt after you kill him.
- Screen shake has been deleted or added to certain skills
- New?artisan that upgrades your gems named Urshi can be?found after killing a level 23 Greater Rift. This guy can upgrade your gems further?infinitely.
- Lootable objects (chests, corpses, etc.) do not spawn in Greater Rifts, making Harrington’s Waistguard and Sebor’s Nightmare practically useless.
- Female Crusader ‘Inspect Hero” picture?has been fixed!
- Horadric Cache?Icon?has been changed.
- Enemies hexed by the Enchantress (into chickens) now properly show life bars above their heads. They?re still as funny as ever.
There are some more hidden changes and undocumented implementations in the Diablo 3 RoS Patch 2.1 PTR but you can?t be sure these will stay. The biggest problem, though, is that some rifts aren?t populated enough thus making the whole dungeon useless and a waste of time. Blizzard has mentioned that they?re working on this but cannot implement a hotfix for the problem. So there?s one downside to going into the PTR for the rifts?be prepared to waste some time if you?re unlucky to get into an underpopulated rift.
Do you know any other undocumented changes and hidden rules implemented in Diablo 3 RoS Patch 2.1? Share them in the comments!