Blizzard Entertainment has just posted a new job listing for a ?Senior Software Engineer, Classic Games? job. Though how tempting the job position may be, the fact that this certain kind of job opening is a big hint that Blizzard might be cooking up something for their classic games. So your hopes of seeing classic games like Starcraft, Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 running on the latest operating systems grows bigger.
Here is the full description of the job opening on Blizzard:
Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.
We?re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.
So if you like wearing many hats, know small teams are the most effective, and look forward to challenges that will create millions of new adventures for our players: we would love to hear from you.
- Make gameplay first again on modern operating systems.
- Create conditions for experiences that look as good as they play.
- Own implementation and curation of features new and old.
- Combat hacking to improve multiplayer.
- Diagnose and fix all the things: crashes, deadlocks, overflows, heap corruptions, etc.
- Expert knowledge of C / C++
- A minimum of 5 years? development experience
- Experience debugging unfamiliar code
- Passion for games
- Excite us
- Experience debugging Win32 or OS X game software
- Experience using Visual Studio or Xcode
- Experience with x86 assembly
Hopefully we could finally get news soon on which games will be getting a fair remaster treatment, or maybe a remake that can be appreciate by the newer generations.