Great news for Metro fans! This is the day that you?ve been waiting for. Deep Silver has already confirmed the release dates of Metro Redux.
Yes! You?ve read it right! Metro Redux will be out on the 26th of ?August in the U.S., and on the 29th of ?August in Europe.
The announcement also includes ?some details like the contents of the boxed copy of Metro Redux which contains remastered versions of both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light, with all previously released add-on content.
?Both campaigns can be tackled in ‘Spartan’ or ‘Survival’ play styles, and the legendary Ranger Mode is also included in both games. Metro 2033 Redux and Metro: Last Light Redux are also available separately as digital download only,? Deep Silver said in the announcement.
Metro Redux is the ultimate double game collection, including the definitive versions of both Metro 2033 and Metro: Last Light, each rebuilt in the latest and greatest iteration of the 4A Engine for next-gen consoles and PC.
FEATURES OF METRO REDUX
1. Immerse yourself in the Moscow Metro ? witness one of the most atmospheric worlds in gaming brought to life with stunning next-gen visuals at 60FPS
2. Brave the horrors of the Russian apocalypse ? equip your gasmask and an arsenal of hand-made weaponry as you face the threat of deadly mutants, human foes, and the terrifying environment itself
3. Rebuilt and Remastered for next gen ? with all previous DLC content included, new modes and features, and many gameplay improvements, this is the definitive version of the critically acclaimed series that fans and newcomers alike will enjoy
4. Two campaigns, and all DLC included ? Metro Redux includes two complete campaigns that combine to create one epic adventure. With 10 hours of bonus content, that means 30+ hours of solo FPS gameplay just on one play-through
5. Two unique Play Styles : ?Spartan? and ?Survival? ? approach the campaign as a slow burn Survival Horror , or tackle it with the combat skills of a Spartan Ranger in these two unique modes
6. The legendary Ranger Mode returns ? dare you play the fearsome Ranger Mode? No HUD, UI, deadlier combat and limited resources combine to create the ultimate immersive experience.
It could be remembered that last March 31, Deep Silver wrote a short letter to the Metro fans where they talked about the past, the present and the future of Metro Redux which was once ?rumour and speculation only.
The letter said, ?Is Metro Redux real? Yes. We never made any secret of 4A’s desire to bring Metro to the latest generation of console hardware. As you can see, we’re not quite ready to reveal 4A Games’ first next-gen console project, but we will be making an announcement this side of E3.?
Now that the release dates were revealed, Metro Redux fans are surely the happy ones.
(Photos courtesy of http://enterthemetro.com/us/images/all/50/)