The Dance Central Spotlight release date has been confirmed. The latest game from Harmonix Music System?s motion based music franchise will be released on September 2, 2014 for the Xbox One. The announcement was made by the studio today.
The game?s starting price is set at $9.99 and will be made available digitally through the Xbox Games Store. There will be 10 songs coming with the game and they are detailed out below.
- Lorde – “Royals”
- OneRepublic – “Counting Stars”
- Pharrell Williams – “Happy”
- Rihanna – “Diamonds”
- Will.i.am ft. Justin Bieber – “#thatPOWER”
- Avicii – “Wake Me Up”
- Cher Lloyd – “I Wish”
- David Guetta ft. Sia – “Titanium”
- Jason Derulo ft. 2 Chainz – “Talk Dirty”
- Kid Ink ft. Chris Brown – “Show Me”
These 10 songs will only be the tip of the iceberg as players can build out Dance Central Spotlight?s soundtrack further by buying additional downloadable content, more than 50 of which, will be available at launch and with ?many, many more to come,? according to Harmonix. So far, the studio has confirmed five of the additional songs that will be available for download. These are:
- Capital Cities ? ?Safe and Sound?
- Emeli Sand? – “Next To Me”
- Icona Pop ft. Charli XCX – “I Love It”
- Lana Del Rey – “Summertime Sadness (Cedric Gervais Remix)”
- The B-52’s – “Love Shack”
To top it all off, any songs that were previously purchased for the three previous Dance Central titles available on the Xbox 360 will be made available for free for Spotlight owners once Harmonix is able to bring those said tracks to the Xbox One.
The Dance Central series of games has captivated a lot of gamers with the no control gameplay and the dance sessions that are perfect for the living room together with friends and family. Harmonix has been quite busy lately with the release of this game coming soon as well as the possible hints of a new Rock Band game coming to the Xbox One.
Photo Source: Dance Central website
Other stories you may be interested in: