Not too long ago, the Counter-Strike: Global Offensive developers posted in their blog that they will be tweaking CT pistols in the following update. Well, it seems we got more than what we were told.
A big update just came through, and it looks like they have made a lot of balance changes. The patch dubbed ?Operation Breakout,? features six new community maps, 45 new skins as potential rewards, the Operation Breakout Journal, and a whole lot of gameplay adjustments.
Operation Breakout brings six new community maps available for everyone for the period of the operation namely?Rush, Black Gold, Castle, Insertion, Mist, and Overgrown.
You may also opt to purchase an all access pass for $5.99 at the Steam Store if you want to access the other additional features. The pass contains new missions, where you can earn 3 possible collection drop rewards. Each collections drop contains 15 new skins which are inspired by certain maps. An Operation Breakout case is also introduced that features 14 new skins.
The access pass also includes the Operation Breakout Journal, wherein you can track your competitive play stats and rankings with your friends.
There have been also a lot of gameplay and graphical modifications. Here are some interesting changes taken from the change log:
- The Buy Menu now shows the following weapon stats:
- Recoil Control
- Accurate Range
- Movement Rate
- Weapon Changes:
- Desert Eagle:
- Increased standing and crouching Accurate Range
- Decreased standing and crouching Accurate Range
- Increased standing, crouching, and moving Accurate Range
- For all shotguns except Nova, pellets now penetrate walls
- The maps have also been divided into three groups: Active Duty, Reserves, and Operation
- Active Duty Maps: Dust 2, Nuke, Mirage, Inferno, Cobblestone, Overpass, Cache
- Reserves Maps: Train, Aztec, Dust, Vertigo, Office, Italy, Assault, Militia
- Operation Maps: Castle, Overgrown, Black Gold, Mist, Rush, Insertion
- Competitive matchmaking will no longer consider matches with a very high skill group difference regardless of search time.
It seems our speculations have been correct. Apparently, they chose to both nerf and buff the CT pistols. The CZ75A took a hit while the underutilized Deagle and Tec-9 got buffed. ?It?s interesting to see how the community?s behavior will be?after the patch in the following months.
To see the full change log, click?here.
Image Source: CS:GO Blog