Downloadable games are coming out left and right. Here’s another sequel to whet your appetites. Three-player co-op shoot-em up action with vehicles. What more could you ask for? Those who purchase it on XBLA will also have an opportunity to beta test Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix.
Release Date: Spring
Platform: Xbox LIVE®
Rating: RP (Rating Pending)
Developer: Backbone Entertainment
Price: 800 Microsoft Points / $9.99 PSNGame Description: Lock and Load! Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 takes the no-holds-barred arcade spirit of its predecessors and crafts an all-new furious cooperative shooting adventure for the next generation!General Ratiev, evil leader of the Zalestad nation must be stopped. At the player’s disposal is a huge arsenal of weaponry, controllable vehicles and a rag-tag group of specialized soldiers, each with their own unique characteristics. Thankfully, players aren’t alone in this mission; up to three players can enjoy the classic arcade-style experience together on a single console or online. Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 even compensates for the multiplayer mode by dynamically shifting difficulty levels based on the number of players in the game, ensuring that the game always poses a challenge. The Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 soundtrack is being created by Norihiko Hibino, an international composer well-known for his work creating music for the Metal Gear series of games. With a comprehensive scoring system and online leaderboards, players can see how they compare to the best digital soldiers in the world!
· Only on Xbox LIVE! Players who purchase Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 will be automatically eligible for the Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix Beta test!
· Three playable soldiers with their own unique characteristics.
o Roy McMurray aka “Wolf”- A grizzled former marine, Wolf enjoys his work a little too much. Known for shooting anything that moves.
o “Fox” – Not much is known about Fox. Her records have been wiped clean, nevertheless, her skills at espionage and covert ops are known and feared far and wide.
o Antonio Carranza aka “Coyote” – The cranky vet of the bunch, specialist Coyote has been involved in full blown war, covert ops and police actions. He is renowned for his love of explosives.
· Multiple weapons, including rocket launchers, grenades and shotguns.
· Controllable co-op vehicles allow for maximum destruction!
· Support for up to three players simultaneously, both online and on a single console.
· Four difficulty levels, which automatically adjust based on the number of players in the game.
· Comprehensive scoring system.
o Score Multipliers allow players to maximize their points tally.
o Online Leaderboards let players vie for the best online rank against the world’s greatest commandos.