Have you ever wanted to know more about your favorite mobile game? Well, you’re in luck. We have compiled all the?juiciest?Clash of Clans fun facts to entertain yourself. You can also use these tidbits ?to brag with fellow clashers.
Clash of Clans Fun Facts
- Years ago, destroying an army camp resulted to the entire troops in the camp to perish. This was eventually removed because it frustrated gamers and hindered them from enjoying the game.
- Top COC player Jorge Yao played 48-hours at stretch, spent $250 a week for gems, and wrapped his five iPads in a plastic bag so he can bring his gadgets to the shower with him.
- The first three new troops were all introduced in a single update. It took a whole year before the Minion, Hog, Rider, and the Valkyrie was introduced. The latest available troop, the Lava Hound, also took a whole year to be created and tested before being patched into the game.
- COC Player ?Panda? spends over $7,000 in a single month. His advice to players? ?You don?t have to spend less, you have to earn more.?
- Do you know what P.E.K.K.A means? Supercell also didn?t seem to know what the acronym should mean. The character was given the full-fledged name ?Perfect Enraged Knight Killer of Assassins? after Supercell’s Facebook contest in 2012.
- Both heroes such as the Barbarian King and regular characters such as wizards change their appearance upon reaching certain levels. P.E.K.K.A is the only character that changes in appearance at every level.
- The ?Revenge? COC commercial from Liam Neeson was the most popular Super Bowl advertisement in 2015. A 30-seconds Super Bowl air-time costs as much as $4.5 million, but Supercell opted for a full 1-minute advertisement. The ?Revenge? ad on YouTube currently has 69 million views.
- Despite the millions of earnings that Supercell receives from the game, monetization has never been their priority. COC Server Programmer Jonas Collaros gave this advice to other devs at the 2015 Game Developers Conference: ?Monetization is a factor of your game design. Monetization is not the purpose of your game design. ?If any of us falls into the trap of thinking that monetization is the purpose of our game design, then we fail as a game designer.? This was the reason why Clan Wars and new troops were provided for free.
- Supercell earned $1.7 billion in 2014 with only three free-to-play games: COC, Hay Day, and Boom Beach. Supercell earns $5 million per day from COC?and the company is now valued at $5.5 billion.
- Supercell will be celebrating their third anniversary with ClashCon in Helsinki Finland because it is the place where the game was created as Supercell?s HQ is near the area. ClashCon will not merely be a competition for players as it will also include workshops and discussions on how to effectively layout and attack other towns.
- COC?was designed to be a game that ?people will play for years? by ensuring that people would be excited to play the game everyday. This was done by ensuring that players would have something to look forward to upon progressing in the game.
- COC was exclusively available only on the iOS for a year because the devs wanted to ensure that the core gameplay was exceptional before releasing on Android. Gamers across Asia also had to wait for a whole year before it arrived on their devices.
- The devs themselves played through the first few Town Halls hundreds of times. They did this to personally experience the quality of the game and find out what things could be further improved.
- COC has been available on Apple?s App Store since 2012 and the game remains in the top 10 most downloaded app as it ranks 6th place with Candy Crush Saga at the top.