Yep, E3 is just around the corner and Capcom already has HUGE plans for the Comic-Con. In fact, I’d go as far as saying that their Comic-Con showing will be bigger than their E3 showing. Check out this list of events:
CAPCOM COMIC CON SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Leading video game publisher, Capcom, proudly presents one of the biggest booths at San Diego Comic Con this year with over 1800 sq. ft. of interactive displays, exclusive merchandise, gaming tournaments, celebrity appearances, and special events that are sure to thrill their diehard fans in the massive Comic Con crowds.
Foremost is the full-size, 20’x20′ boxing ring that holds ten Street Fighter IV arcade units from Japan. Comic con fans will be among the first gamers outside of Japan to play this much anticipated sequel to the best-selling fighting game franchise of all time as it celebrates its 20th anniversary this year.
Meet Capcom’s product managers, developers, and staff daily as they share with you all that Capcom has to offer!
Be the first to play advance demos of the hottest new Capcom games coming out in the remainder of 2008 into 2009 including:
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Mega Man 9
Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
Capcom Mobile games
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil: Degeneration CG movie
SF IV CG animated mini-movie trailers
– plus, some surprise game demo and trailers!
– Yoshinoro Ono, David Crislip
– Ben Judd
– Andy Diggle
– Kristen Kreuk
– Justin Marks (SF movie, BC comic book)
– Top comic book artists that contributed pieces to Udon’s Street Fighter Tribute Book including Adam Hughes, J. Scott Campbell, Mark Brooks, and more!
– Mega Man
– Bionic Commando or be a lucky fan to wear the BC arm yourself!
SF IV Tournaments every morning at 11am, register early as soon as the show starts to get a berth to compete.
SFIV Tournaments at 3pm on FRI, SAT and SUN afternoons.
Grand Tournament at 3pm on SUN
Prize: Exclusive limited edition SFIV Chun-Li action figure
Daily “Making of SFIV” presentation by Ono-san
Calling ALL SF cosplayers! SF Cosplay parade and contest on Friday at 2:30pm – winner personally chosen by Ono-san. Prize = Chun-Li statue
THU 7/24, 3:15-4:15, Room 6 CDEF
The Making of Street Fighter IV featuring Ono-san, Crislip.
FRI 7/25, 2-3pm, Room 2
Capcom Presents: How to Get a Job in the Video Game Industry with Capcom insiders as well as industry vets.
SAT 7/26, 6-7pm, Room 2
The Making of Bionic Commando and Bionic Commando: Rearmed featuring Ben Judd, Andy Diggle, Justin Marks, and meet the BC himself!
Top-quality Capcom games and gear
Incredible bargains > grab bags and surprises
Exclusive Capcom Comic Con tshirt > limited!
– Limited Edition SFIV Chun-Li statue by SOTA Toys, supervised by Ono-san himself, limited to just 700 units made > 400 for sale ($100) at CC, rest for promotional use.
** Also 3000 mini statuettes for sale ($10).
– Street Fighter Tribute Book: Featuring over 300 pages of original SF art celebrating the 20 year legend of the franchise featuring artwork by top names in the comic book industry including: Adam Hughes, J. Scott Campbell, Mark Brooks and more. Limited editions printed and only available at CC or Udon booth.
– Limited prints of Street Fighter Tribute Book artwork signed by artists for sale as Capcom booth
Sneak Peeks : at upcoming Capcom licensed products including:
Prototypes of BC and SFIV action figures by NECA
Cool Giveaways when you Demo Capcom Games:
Exclusive SFIV Ryu headband
Bionic Commando poster
Dark Void frisbee flyer
Capcom character tattoos