It seems our Heroes of the Storm developers are busy rushing the game. Earlier this week, they?released a big patch mostly dealing with the out-of-the-game leveling system and hero progression. This time around, Blizzard has added another interesting feature to the game?Artifacts.
So how does the Artifact system work? Think of them as power-ups. They are out-of-the-game enhancements to your hero that you can avail later on. Once you reach Player level 15, you will automatically unlock an Artifact slot. This first slot will be for your Gem Artifact slot. After unlocking the first slot, there will also be two additional slots that you can unlock by paying Gold. These slots will be exclusive to the Relic and Trinket Artifacts. They cost 2,000 each and can be purchased in no particular order.
Before a match starts, you can select which Artifacts you would like to use. But remember that you can only use one of each type of Artifact and up to three in a match. For example, you can use one Gem, Relic, and Trinket, but you cannot use a combination of two Gems and a Relic or three Trinket Artifacts in the same match. However, you can use your other Artifacts later on a different game if you choose to.
These Artifacts can later be purchased using your Gold, and you can equip, purchase and upgrade them in the Hero Selection screen.
Each Artifact will have its own attributes and can be upgraded through Gold. To upgrade, purchasing the first level will cost you 100 Gold, and upgrading it will increase the cost by 100 Gold in accumulation. This means upgrading an Artifact to level 2 will cost you 200 Gold, while upgrading it to from level 9 to level 10 costs 1000 Gold.
So far, the devs have revealed?some of the Artifacts that will be released in the next patch. Check them out and their attributes:
- Increases maximum health by 1.5% per rank, up to a maximum of 15% at Rank 10.
- Increases ability damage by 1% per rank, up to a maximum of 10% at Rank 10.
- Grants a shield equal to 1% of the Hero?s maximum health per rank, up to a maximum of 10% at Rank 10. (Shields recharge after a player hasn?t taken damage for approximately 8 seconds).
- Increases basic attack damage by 1% per rank, up to a maximum of 10% at Rank 10.
- Reduces cooldowns for abilities by 1% per Rank, up to a maximum of 10% at Rank 10.
- Increases speed of basic attacks by 1% per rank, up to a maximum of 10% at Rank 10.
- Increases health regeneration by 0.1% of your maximum health per second per rank, up to a maximum of 1% of your maximum health per second at Rank 10.
Nathrezim Blood Orb
- Basic attack damage dealt restores health by 1% per rank, up to a maximum of 10% at Rank 10.
- Increases mana regeneration by +.1 mana per second per rank, up to a maximum of +1 mana per second at Rank 10.
- Increases damage vs. minions and structures by 1.5% per rank, up to a maximum of 15% at Rank 10.
Goblin Jumper Cables
- Decreases death timer by 2% per rank, up to a maximum of 20% at Rank 10.
- Increases maximum mana by 4% per rank, up to a maximum of 40% at Rank 10.
- Increases Mount Speed by 2% per rank, up to a maximum of +20% at Rank 10.
- Increases base movement speed by 0.5% per rank up to a maximum of 5% at Rank 10.
Image Source: Heroes of the Storm Official