Yep, another PlayStation 3 game will be getting a release for the PlayStation 4.
Looks like Sony is not stopping from remastering some recent PlayStation 3 games to become available for the PlayStation 4. Beyond: Two Souls will be heading to the PlayStation 4 with improved visuals and some new features as requested by fans. The game can be downloaded at the PlayStation Store on November 24.
Developed by Quantic Dream, you take the role of Jodie Holmes (played by Ellen Page), a young woman who possesses supernatural powers by using her psychic link to an invisible entity. The PS4 port of Beyond: Two Souls will have the following improvements:
- Enhanced 1080p graphics including motion blur, bloom and depth of field effects, as well as improved lighting and shadows. The game also makes use of the DualShock 4 speaker to improve immersion when playing as the Entity.
- Decisions are highlighted at the end of each scene and compared with those made by other players.
- You can now play the game in chronological order right from the start ? a much requested feature in the PS3 version!
- Increased difficulty in certain fight scene, combined with improved controls for action sequences.
- Includes the ?Enhanced Experiments? DLC.
In the previous version of the game, you may have to complete the entire game before you can actually play it the whole in chronological order. For the PS4 release, that feature is now unlocked and can be played chronologically right from the start.
Meanwhile, another game from Quantic Dream will be getting a PlayStation 4 treatment. Heavy Rain is also confirmed to be arriving to the current gen console, expect to download the game next year on March 1st. Those who will purchase Beyond: Two Souls can avail for a discount in purchasing Heavy Rain. No info if there will be a physical release for the two Quantic Dream games.