Budget wise and feature wise, here are the best alternatives for the upcoming Apple Watch
Apple Watch is right around the corner and I bet every Apple fans are excited to buy the highly anticipated gadget. However, not everyone can afford that or at least not on their budget range. Luckily, there are still other alternatives that you can choose from, like the ones you are about to see on this article.
Here are two of the coolest alternatives for the upcoming Apple Watch both budget wise and feature wise:
- Samsung Gear Live ? Gear Live from Samsung was first released last year, June 25, 2014. Even though it is a few months old, it is still one of the coolest gadgets in the market today. Not to mention the pocket friendly price of $199! Here are the specs of the Gear Live, as posted by macworld on their list:
- 64in Super AMOLED display
- 2GHz processor
- 512MB RAM
- 4GB memory
- And an ?all-day? battery life (300mAh Li-on battery)
The features you can expect from Samsung Gear Live are: Compass, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and a heart rate sensor. Exciting right? That?s not all! According to macworld, you don?t have to own a Samsung smartphone to be able to use this wearable gadget. All you need is a phone that is operating on the latest Android OS and you are good to go!
- Moto 360 – Report from Digitaltrends suggests that, the Motorola Moto 360 smartwatch was released on September 4, 2014. This device?s price is a bit higher compared to Samsung Gear Live but still a hundred bucks cheaper than the Apple Watch. You can buy this wearable Android device for a low price of $249! Here are the specs that are posted on Digitaltrends? report:
- 56in LCD Gorilla Glass 3 screen with a resolution of 320×290
- Moto 360 is powered by TI OMAP 3 processor
- 512MB of RAM
- 4GB storage (pretty much the same as Samsung Gear Live)
- 320mAh Battery and it also promotes the ?all-day? battery life like the Gear Live.
As for the feature of the Motorola Moto 360, they are pretty much standard to other smarwatches in the market today. It also has a heart rate monitor, pedometer and it is waterproofed. Though the one thing they are proud of is probably the ability to wirelessly charge your device as it supports the Qi wireless charging and it comes with its own charging pad.
So if you are planning to skip the Apple Watch, here are the ones that are highly recommended. Though they may not be the latest gadgets in a sense but they sure are highly affordable and have the right features you are looking for.
Image source Wikimedia Commons
By Jobu0101 (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons