Hello BitBaggers – I’m not sure how many of you have tried out the Free to Play online shooter Battlefield Heroes. Let me start off by saying that this game is a boat load of fun with action based combat and drop in and drop out online gaming the fun never stops. The thing that mostly stands out for me is the cool and funny cartoon styled graphics, but once you get past the visuals the game is a whole lot of fun fun fun…!
Battlefield Heroes was in BETA for quite some time and trust me when I tell you, the game has evolved a lot from the initial BETA launch. The game is now full on ready for you to take to the war. You can pilot small planes, drive Jeeps and Tanks…Too much fun is to be had in this cartoony FPS. Oh wait, it’s a third person shooter. 😉
To be honest you’ll want to go through the tutorial in the beginning as to get used to the simple but deep control scheme, yes you can customize the controls to what ever you like them to be if you so choose to.
Note: No controller support – sorry console gamers.
All in all, if you have a basic PC setup and you have time to download a 1Gb file, then you can jump right in. The requirements aren’t that taxing and the game play is crazy fun…did I mention the game is FUN? EA sent out an E-Mail today with a bunch of upcoming updates.
- Operating system: Windows XP or Windows Vista
- CPU: Intel Pentium 4/AMD Athlon 1.0 GHz
- RAM: 512 MB (1Gb on Windows Vista)
- Video Card: 64MB DirectX compliant video card, Pixel shader 2.0 and above. (AGP and PCIe only)
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Hard Drive space: 1Gb of space is required to install the game
- Internet connection: 256kbit Cable/DSL connection