The Kickstarter campaign for the RPG based on a popular comic book has reached the target campaign goal.
Developer Airship Syndicate is happy to announce that their Kickstarter campaign has reached its $500,000 Kickstarter funding goal and they are also happy to announce that the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One port of the game will be included in the development. It has also been greenlit at the Steam Greenlight where it will become available for Steam once it is released.
Battle Chasers: Nightwar is a Japanese Role-playing Game which was inspired from classic RPGs on the consoles and are based on the characters from Joe Madureira?s Battle Chasers comic book, it will be developed by Airship Syndicate which composed of former Vigil Games crew (including Joe) that were also behind the Darksiders game series. Joe Madureira is also the co-founder of Airship Syndicate and has several works for Marvel.
Battle Chasers: Nightwar will featuring the following:
- Plan for survival. Choose three of the heroes you’ve unlocked, fill your travel backpack with items from your stash, make sure you’ve chosen the best equipment and abilities for each hero… and then strike out.
- Explore an overworld presented in classic form, peppered with hidden dungeons, rare bosses and randomly appearing characters.
- Old-school combat inspired by the console RPG greats, with a unique two-tiered mana system and turn-based initiative featuring random buffs and debuffs on initiative slots.
- Action oriented, randomly-generated dungeons loaded with traps, puzzles and secrets. Use each hero’s unique dungeon skills to survive!
- Non-linear story driven by the discovery of lore on items, landmarks and secret elements in the world. Discovering these will both provide deeper insight into the mysterious Lost Vale, and also reward lore points, which are used to upgrade the heroes’ different abilities.
- Truly key story moments will be depicted in gorgeous, traditional 2D animation from Powerhouse Animation Studios. For these, sit back and enjoy.
The campaign is currently reaching the $800,000 mark with less than 30 hours left, it has already unlocked some of its stretch goals ranging from new areas, mini games, alternate costumes and a new playable hero, its next stretch goal if managed to reach $800,000 will be a new arena mode.
You can still support Battle Chasers: Nightwar by backing their campaign at their official Kickstarter page