Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts developers, Rare are holding a blue-print design contest, where top winners receive a prize that could change your game-play experience.
Got some particularly fancy vehicle blueprints or ideas? Nice. Read this then show us…
“We just wanted to let you know that we have something a bit special in store for those who have been uploading snaps of their custom in-game vehicles to the Showroom on the Banjo-Kazooie community site.”
“Key members of the Banjo team will be poring (pawing?) over the uploaded photos in a quest to track down the seven very best player-built contraptions. But for what purpose, we imagine hearing you cry? Only the sweetest award that can be bestowed on a gamer: in-game immortalisation. Who needs YouTube when your act of creativity could earn you a genuine place in Banjo history? Think of the bragging rights!”
“While it’s a secret (to everybody) as to how we will pull off this daring deed, we promise you it will be really very cool and probably not how you might imagine.”
“Once the Banjo team has made its seven selections, we’ll reach out to the contraptions’ creators via Gamertags and ask them to send us their blueprints for our mysterious purposes.”
How to Enter:
Deadline for entries is January 4th 2009, 12 midnight PST. This gives players the whole holiday to get creative on us. Anybody with a copy of Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts and an Xbox LIVE account can enter. You can submit as many contraptions and photos as you like; just remember that the cream always rises to the top. Wow us! Shock us! Just don’t post dodgy contraptions (don’t play coy, you know what we mean). The entry must be your own original work, infringe no copyrights and reference no third party trademarks, music, logos, names or images.
– To upload a screenshot of your creation to the official contest Web site:
– Press Start to access the Pause menu, select Photos and Replays, and then select Take Photo. Use the left and right sticks to position the camera, and then press A to take the picture. (Photo mode is available during single-player games or while watching replays.)
– Select Photos and Replays from the main menu in “Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts”
– Select Open Photo Album, then My Photos
– Highlight a photo you wish to upload and press the Y button to upload it to banjo-kazooie.com
– In order to be included you’ll need to allow Microsoft rights to distribute your entries, letting the widest possible audience marvel at your machinery.
– Just to be clear, this is not a competition with some kind of tacky physical memento as a prize. We’re not giving away our secret by saying what the reward is just yet…