There are still seven episodes left on the show, but we might already know who won Asia’s Next Top Model 2017, thanks to an alleged leak that surfaced recently. Fair warning, the article may contain truly massive spoilers for Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 5, so read ahead at your own risk.
The results portion of Cycle 5’s Wikipedia profile shows the entire season’s call out order and it lists the Philippines’ Maureen Wroblewitz, Vietnam’s Minh Tu Nguyen and Malaysia’s Shikin Gomez as the final three ladies. The winner? The youngest of the trio, Maureen.
For those who do not know, the eighteen-year-old Filipina was discovered on Instagram when she was just 15. Her official bio reveals she decided to finish her studies and move from Germany to the Philippines to pursue a modeling career. Well, it looks like she made the right decision if the latest AsNTM rumor is anything to go by.
Is Maureen the Asia’s Next Top Model 2017 Winner?
This marks the second time alleged leaks named Maureen as the winner. One publication previously made the same claim that PH’s remaining contestant would be taking the baton from Cycle 4’s Tawan Kedkong as the new Asia’s Next Top Model. But, before you get too excited, note that it can only be proven until the show finishes airing.
Such is also the case with the latest report. However, as the source’s own disclaimer states, anyone who wishes to post information on Wikipedia can do just that. The results table also contain many errors and duplicates.
As seen below, Dorothy and Valerie are the said to be the ones getting axed from the competition on the seventh episode. Veronika supposedly goes home on Episode 8, but her name is still included in the Episode 9 column. Moreover, there are instances where the ladies’ names are missing or listed on one episode twice.
Photo Shoot Guide
Meanwhile, the profile also revealed the themes of the photo shoots we’ve yet to see. According to the guide, the ladies are posing for Neutrogena tonight on Episode 6, followed by a Zalora outdoor campaign and Boho Chic photo shoot on Episodes 7 and 8, respectively. Plus, they will embark on a commercial shoot for Maybelline before the final two episodes.
Here’s the complete guide displayed as of this writing:
- Episode 1 photo shoot: Jumping runaway models
- Episode 2 photo shoot: Colgate Optic White campaign
- Episode 3 photo shoot: Wearing denim in an open field
- Episode 4 photo shoot: Urban chic in groups on a bus
- Episode 5 photo shoot: Maybelline It girls
- Episode 6 photo shoot: Neutrogena in bathtubs
- Episode 7 photo shoot: Zalora outdoor campaign
- Episode 8 photo shoot: Boho Chic with male models
- Episode 9 photo shoot: Gowns in harnesses for Subaru Impreza
- Episode 10 commercial shoot: Maybelline “Make it Happen” Commercial
- Episode 12 photo shoot: Nylon magazine covers
- Episode 13 photo shoot: Era-descent Asian Couture
Asia’s Next Top Model Cycle 5 airs Wednesdays, 9 p.m. on Star World