No one expected to see Ark: Survival Evolved PS4 this year and it ended up being one of 2016’s nicest surprises. Though it?s not a game of the year candidate, fans have enjoyed exploring the island and surviving the wrath of various dinosaurs. Now a new patch update has been released for the game and fans can see what is new with the game.
Thanks to the game’s official forums, here are the notes for the game’s big patch, which has been dubbed v502.0:
- Holiday Content
- Vsync On/Off/Adaptive Options for increased framerate (set it to “Off” or “Adaptive” for higher framerate!)
- Memory savings of over 300MB! Consequent stability improvements.
- Fixed memory leak with viewing Explorer Notes.
- Performance increase of approximately 7% due to use of new PhysX libraries
- Various invite & crash fixes
- Content up thru PC v252.0 (PGM’s will be coming in the next patch in early January)
All of these should be enough to please Ark: Survival Evolved PS4 fans. While the game’s popularity stems from the PC version, it’s nice to see the PS4 version do well. Plus, PS4 owners didn’t have to go through all of the bugs PC gamers did when the game was still in development.
Ark: Survive For A Long Time
With more updates confirmed for January, it’s clear that Ark: Survival Evolved will be around for a long time. The PC and Xbox One versions have proven to be big hits, and it seems like the PS4 version will follow suit.
Mixing first-person shooting with survival and crafting elements, Ark has managed to find a core audience fairly quickly. It’s still not a perfect game, as its size and online capabilities have resulted in some bugs, but it’s still a fun game to play overall.
Fans can pick up Ark: Survival Evolved PS4 right now. The game is also available on the Xbox One and PC. More updates for the game should be coming soon, since it is always online and the fan base continues to grow.