Market price, specs and feature comparison between Apple Watch VS Pebble Time Steel, which one is better?
Apple Watch is no doubt one of the most highly anticipated wearable gadgets this coming Q2 2015. However, looks like Apple has a few competition in this category of smartwatch and one of them is the Pebble Time Steel.
Here on this article, we will dive into the few details with the Apple Watch VS Pebble Time Steel and see who will win in the end when it comes to price, specs and features.
Apple Watch VS Pebble Time Steel: market price battle
First of in our comparison between the Apple Watch and Pebble Time Steel is the market price for these devices. According to heavy?s comparison, the suggested market price for these two devices is as follows:
- Apple Watch ? Price starts at $349 for the sports edition Watch, while the stainless steel edition starts at $549 up to $1,049. For the high rollers however, you can also get the Apple Watch ?Edition? (made from real gold mind you) for $10,000!
- Pebble Time Steel ? Kickstarter price starts at $179 but for the suggested retail price (SRP), it was stated there that the Pebble Time Steel will cost at around $199. As for the premium edition of this gadget, the Kickstarter price will cost $250 with a suggested retail price of $299.
Without a doubt, Pebble Time Steel tops Apple Watch budget wise. It is much cheaper and that?s not all, Pebble Time also offers bulk orders of two ($338), five ($845) and even 30 ($5,000).
Apple Watch VS Pebble Time Steel: Specs and features battle
On another comparison list from pocket-lint, it was listed there the specs and features that we can expect from both devices.
- Taptic Engine and built-in speaker combo for instant tactile feedback
- Apple’s custom S1 system-in-a-package chip
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Siri support
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Scratch resistant Sapphire glass
Pebble Time Steel:
- An improved backlight
- New Cortex M4 processor
- 6-axis gyroscope
- Smart accessory port (for plugging in third-party sensors and smart straps)
- Water resistant and durable
- Tactile buttons for easy “eyes-free” clicking
- Silent vibrating alarms and discreet notifications
- Language and international character support (with Chinese coming soon)
- Fitness tracking (via third-party apps) such as step tracking with Misfit and?Jawbone
When it comes to features and specs, Apple Watch totally beats Pebble Time Steel. But as stated on that source, Pebble Time will add more features and other hardware integration in the near future like a special port that you can plug your straps and the famous heart-rate monitor.
Conclusion for the Apple Watch VS Pebble Time Steel
The only advantage Pebble has over Watch is the cheap price and the option to purchase in bulk, that?s it. For the specs, Watch will definitely win against its competitor in this battle.
But if you think about it, they did mention that they will upgrade their hardware and will include a few features once they have started rolling their products. So for now, Apple Watch takes the cake but in the future, maybe, JUST MAYBE, Pebble Time Steel will take the spotlight when it comes to wearable smart gadgets.
Image source?Wikimedia Commons
By Apple, Inc. [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons