Great news for Mac lovers and iOS devices users as Apple announced today a powerful new version of OS X – the OS X Yosemite.
Yosemite is a redesigned and refined OS X with a fresh, modern look, powerful new apps and amazing new continuity features.
?Yosemite is the future of OS X with its incredible new design and amazing new apps, all engineered to work beautifully with iOS,? said Craig Federighi, Apple?s senior vice president of Software Engineering. ?We engineer our platforms, services and devices together, so we are able to create a seamless experience for our users across all our products that is unparalleled in the industry. It?s something only Apple can deliver.?
With Yosemite, Apple said that OS X has been redesigned and refined with a fresh modern look featuring controls which are clearer, smarter and easier to understand. Plus, Yosemite has this streamlined toolbars that focus on your content without compromising functionality.
Translucent elements on the OS X Yosemite reveal additional content in your app window. With the help of the translucent elements of Yosemite, users will be given the idea of what’s behind the app window.
Also, readability of App icons has been improved as Apple made a clean, consistent design and an updated system font for it.
WHAT YOSEMITE BRINGS
1. New Today view in Notification Center gives you a quick look at everything you need to know, all in one place;
2. iCloud Drive is located within the Finder and can store files of any type;
3. Safari has a new streamlined design that puts the most important controls at your fingertips.
4. Mail makes editing and sending attachments easier than ever;
5. Handoff lets you start an activity on one device and pass it to the other;
6. Instant Hotspot makes using your iPhone?s hotspot as easy as connecting to a Wi-Fi network.
7. Yosemite even gives you the ability to make iPhone calls on your Mac.
The developer preview of Yosemite is available to Mac Developer Program members starting today. ?To help make OS X even better, Apple is introducing the OS X Beta Program, which gives customers early access to Yosemite and invites them to try out the release and submit their feedback.?
Mac users will surely rejoice as they can participate in the OS X Beta Program for Yosemite this summer and download the final version for free from the Mac App Store this fall.
If you are interested in signing up, you can visit www.apple.com/osx/preview for more details.
(Photos courtesy of http://www.apple.com/osx/preview/)