The new macOS Sierra 10.12.2 update is now available to all users a couple of days ago. Along with it, Apple introduced some major fixes plaguing some of its new MacBook Pro 2016 units especially on graphics.
For weeks, a growing number of MacBook Pro users have complained of their laptops? screen displaying errors. Some owners took their units back to Apple to be replaced while others waited for the update to become available.
READ ALSO: Apple MacBook Pro 2016 Review: Laptop Causing Disappointments To Owners? Many Shift To Microsoft?
Here is a list of some of the major fixes according to the Apple App Store update notification:
- Improves reliability of Auto Unlock with the Apple Watch.
- Provides additional Chinese Trackpad Handwriting button for the Touch Bar.
- The Touch Bar gets the same feature as the Grab app or the Command-Shift-6 shortcut for taking screenshots.
- Fixes an issue that caused the Touch Bar emoji picker to appear on the display.
- Fixes issue with disabled System Integrity Protection on some MacBook Pros.
- Improves setup and opt-out experience for iCloud Desktop and Documents.
- Fixes an issue with Optimized Storage alerts.
- Improves audio quality for Siri and FaceTime on Bluetooth headphones.
- Improves the stability of Photos when creating and ordering books.
- Fixes an issue where incoming Mail messages did not appear when using a Microsoft Exchange account.
- Fixes an issue that prevented installation of Safari Extensions downloaded outside the Safari Extensions Gallery.
- Adds support for new installations of Windows 8 and Windows 7 using Boot Camp on supported Macs.
READ ALSO: Apple iOS 10.2 Release Date, Features, Download: Possible Issues, Problems Based On Beta Update
Apple also added a handful of new emojis on the new macOS Sierra 10.12.2 update. Icons like face palm, avocado, shark, whiskey, clown face and a few sports-related ones made it to the list. For the complete list of emojis, one can browse through Emojipedia?s website.
Finally, one of the most interesting omissions on the current update is the removal of the time estimate for the battery. On previous versions, the macOS will give users an idea of how long the laptop can be used. This change was mainly due to the growing number of complaints regarding the new MacBook Pro 2016?s battery life.
For more updates on the macOS Sierra 10.12.2, be sure to check us out at TheBitbag.