With today’s kind of lifestyle, fast and reliable maps are indeed a very serious thing to have. That’s why Google Maps enhances and updates itself, to give users the kind of travel that would avoid everyday hiccups, even when your mobile is offline.
?When your life is moving fast, you need tools to keep up with your pace. Google Maps for mobile is the perfect travel companion for your daily commute, weekend errands, and (much-needed) vacations. Starting today, you now have even more ways to avoid life?s everyday hiccups with Google Maps for Android and iPhone/iPad,” Jeffrey Hightower, Software Engineering Manager said.
So what can we expect from Google Maps starting today?
- Lane guidance availability ? with today?s update, Google Maps app will show you which lane to stay in or move to, plus it will help you have easy access to alternate routes while navigating. This way, you will not miss your next turn or exit.
- Offline maps ? to use this feature, you must search the area you?re going to, before setting off for your travel, and then select ?Save map to use offline?. You can give your map a custom name too. To find your offline maps, here?s what you must do: sign-in, tap the profile icon next to the search box in the top right corner, and scroll to see your saved maps.
- New filters ? With new filters, you will be able to browse through restaurants, bars and hotels by opening hours, rating, price, and more?where available?to find just what you?re looking for.
- Uber app ? If you have this Uber app installed in your phone, you will have the power to compare your ride with transit and walking directions, right from Google Maps in some cities.
- Public transit information ? ?With more than a million public transit stops on Google Maps, you?ll get reliable information to help you get where you?re going,? Google said. This will help you get the most accurate transit information when you need it.
- Save places on the go (when signed in) ? to use this one, find a place you want to save on the go, search for the location, tap on the place card, and hit the star icon to save the location for later. That?s it.
- Explore for ideal destination ? Search for your ideal destination, then tap on the place card to dive into Street View. Also, this might give you a peek inside some hotels, restaurants, and more.
“So, next time you?re caught up in a whirlwind of activity, make navigating your world a little easier. Take a moment to grab your phone, open up the Google Maps app, and find all you need to search, navigate and explore the world around you. Don?t worry?we?ve got you covered,” Hightower said.
(Photo courtesy of http://google-latlong.blogspot.com/2014/05/get-on-road-go-off-grid-or-plan-perfect.html)