Google will unveil the next generation Android version at their upcoming Google I/O event in June 2014. Android 4.5 focuses on the new Nexus 8 slate, Nexus 6 smartphone and significant changes to the mobile OS.
Android 4.5 or 5.0 remain secret and Google has not announced the official dessert name yet. Android dessert naming is now on the letter L after KitKat was announced last year which also replaced Key Lime Pie due to less popularity than the Nestl?? product.
Rumours point out names such as Lollipop, Lemon Cheesecake and Laddu. However, changes and features are the most important thing for Android fanatics and users, with expectations of much better user experience.
Official keynote and sessions are not yet available at the Web site of Google I/O event 2014 but we should expect improvements on several features of the next-generation Android OS.
- Additional support for processor and graphics chipset.
- Support for 64-bit processors.
- Enable usage of higher RAM chipset.
- Expanded software drivers.
- Better management of defragmentation.
- Retain 512MB RAM support from Android KitKat.
- Wider compatibility with mobile networks.
- Improvements on the camera, video and audio experience.
- Expanded gaming experience.
- Better multitasking, performance and battery life.
- Optimisation for smoother user experience.
- More usable apps and services.
- Management on bloatware
- Re-enable microSD card writing support
- Segmentation of firmware for older devices.
Android 4.5 Not Android 5.0?
Nexus 8 is the first device to run next-gen Android OS which will be unveiled at the Google I/O event as well.
According to Android Geeks, a Google employee at Dublin said that his superiors are officially revealing Android 4.5 in July along with a new tablet called Nexus 8 and Google I/O 2014 conference is going to focus on new services Google plans to bring on the market.
However, the Google employee did not clear the Android 4.5 dessert name or what kind of features it will deliver among Android devices. Nexus 8 slate is the new tablet running vanilla Android to replace the Nexus 7 line-up due to less competition of 8-inch tablets in the market. Nexus 6 is also expected to be launched this year running Android 4.5 as successor of the Nexus smartphone line.
Google will open registration for the Google I/O conference event beginning from April 8th to April 10th while the event is set on June 25th to 26th in San Francisco, California.
Photo Source: https://www.google.com/events/io