Alan Rickman is one of the most beloved British actors, who became famous for his outstanding portrayal of different characters, both good and evil. One of those was as Professor Severus Snape of the ?Harry Potter? franchise. His death was confirmed by his relatives who said he died ?surrounded by family and friends.?
Time reported that because of his distinctive basso voice, Rickman already tasted success in the early stage of his career. He played the role of a villain in movies like ?Die Hard? (Hans Gruber), ?Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves? (Sheriff George of Nottingham), and just recently, he won his only Golden Globe when he played the title character in HBO?s ?Rasputin?.
Undeniably, Rickman was one of the greatest actors in the history of British film and the industry will probably never be the same without him. Before we finally say goodbye to this brilliant actor, let us relive his famous lines on and off the screen that the fans surely would not forget.
- ?There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don?t expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few who cherish? I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper to death.? Professor Severus Snape, ?Harry Potter and the Sorcerer?s Stone.?
- ?I think there should be laughs in everything. Sometimes, it?s a slammed door, a pie in the face or just a recognition of our frailties.?
- ?From my experience, I think that every actor has to make sure that they?re in charge of their own career somehow or other.?
- ?Talent is an accident of genes – and a responsibility.?
- ?Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theatre, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world.?
- ?I think there?s some connection between absolute discipline and absolute freedom.?
These are just some of Rickman?s famous lines, and alongside with the fans, cast and crew of the movies he became part of are also mourning. As reported by Guardian, Daniel Radcliffe described the actor as ?one of the greatest actors [he] will ever work with.? And also ?one of the most loyalest and most supportive people [he has] ever met in the film industry.?
J.K. Rowling, the writer of the ?Harry Potter? books, also released a statement to this tragic and ?unpredicted loss, ?There are no words to express how shocked and devastated I am to hear of Alan Rickman?s death. He was a magnificent actor and a wonderful man.? While Michael Gambon, who played ?Dumbledore? in the series, said, ?Everybody loved Alan, he was always happy and fun and creative and very, very funny.?
As we all say goodbye to a great actor, a fan or not, let us all take a moment and pray for his soul and the well being of the family and friends he has left behind. Rest in peace, Alan Rickman.