NAMCO Bandai released an update for their flight combat title which includes a HUD update and updated penalties and points. Additionally, after respawn, the player will now be momentarily invulnerable which will allow them to get their bearings as they head back into the storm of bullets. Weapon strength has been updated to balance gameplay. Finally, the developers have a added a microphone icon to indicate who is speaking in the pre-game lobby.
New Title Update for Ace Combat® 6: Fires of Liberation™ Offers Online Play Enhancements
NAMCO BANDAI Games America, Inc. today launched a title update for Ace Combat® 6: Fires of Liberation™, its hit flight action game for the Xbox 360™. The update is free to all users with an active Xbox LIVE™ Gold or Silver account and will be downloaded automatically once the game is started.
The newly released title update offers several enhancements for the game’s online modes, resulting in a more seamless and balanced experience via Xbox LIVE. The following changes are included in the title update:
- The in-game HUD will now indicate when points are gained or lost in online play
- Players will now be penalized for crashing their aircraft, leaving the battlefield and being shot down by opponents in Team Battle and Battle Royale modes
- Players can now gain points by damaging enemy aircraft rather than making a complete kill in Team Battle and Battle Royale modes
- Players will now be invulnerable for a brief period of time after each respawn
- The overall strength of each special weapon has been updated for greater gameplay balance
- Players can now identify who is speaking in the pre-game lobby with a microphone icon next to their GamerTag
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation is currently available in stores nationwide for the Xbox 360. For more information on the game, please visit http://www.acecombatsix.com.