Quick guide on how to get 1,000 or more followers on Instagram
Instagram is a social media platform that lets you share your photos and/or videos to the world. It also has a ?follower? system pretty much the same as Twitter. However, followers or at least attracting them?can sometimes be tricky. Luckily, these tips on how to get 1,000 or more followers on Instagram can certainly help you on that aspect and might give you an idea or two.
Guide on how to get many followers on Instagram, just follow these easy steps
- Themes ? One guide from huffingtonpost suggests that, having a theme is a must if you want to attract many followers on Instagram. Whether it?d be a photo and/or video about your cat or dog, or just photos of the places you?ve been to. A theme is always important if you want to be recognized so that?s the first step you must keep in mind.
- Username relevance is another key to be a successful Instagram star ? A good username and profile pic will also help you, like a lot! As Wikihow suggested, make sure that it is relevant to your theme. An example of that would be; if you are planning to use your pet dog as a theme, to be specific, your chow chow pet, then a good name to go for that is Mr. Chow. Again, this is just an example to give you an idea. Play with some words, use puns or other alternatives; just make sure it is entertaining, creative and relevant.
- Connections, connections and more connections! ? Instagram is a social media platform like Twitter, Facebook and Tumblr so connecting with other people is important if you want to gain more followers. Like what iphonephotography said on their guide, ?The best way to get someone?s attention on Instagram is to leave a nice and thoughtful comment on one of their photos.?
- Hashtags the do?s and don?ts ? huffingtonpost did also mention the importance of hashtags on your post. Again, relevance also plays a major role here and you don?t want to give off the impression that you are desperate for likes for using too many hashtags. So to sum it up, keep it relevant and don?t use too many. Also, use a unique one that suits the theme of your profile.
- Be polite and acknowledge the people who comment on your photos ? When another user leaves a comment on your photo, answering him/her back is the best move you could make to gain another follower, as what huffingtonpost suggests on their guide. If you are just starting, chances are, you will only encounter a few comments per day and you can answer them easily. So answer as many comments as you can. This effort will certainly give you a few followers and might give you a thousand more in a couple of months, who knows right?
- Scheduled and consistent upload of photos ? It is important to post photos consistently and in a scheduled manner if you want to keep your followers entertained. Don?t get me wrong though, this can also backfire to you if you are not careful, as what iphonephotography?s guide pointed out. Constant update like 2-3 posts per hour or in two hours can be irritating and this might drive your followers away. Keep it scheduled like 1 post for every 6 hours.
So that?s about it. I hope this guide on how to gain followers on Instagram helped you.
Image source Wikimedia Commons
By Francesca Ferrari (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons