Last year, Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain creator Hideo Kojima’s absence from The Game Awards was heavily discussed. This year, he graced the award show and hinted his struggles with Konami before showcasing a new Death Stranding trailer. But before the event, The Game Awards organizer Geoff Keighley revealed more about the relationships of Konami and Kojima. According to Keighley, not only was Kojima stopped from attending last year’s awards show, he was also locked far away from his development team in The Phantom Pain for the last six months of development.
Team Separated From It’s Director
During last year’s The Game Awards, Keighley clearly said that Konami did not allow Kojima to attend the show. Now that Kojima has attended this year’s event, Keighley said that Kojima was locked in a room and was not allowed to talk to his team. He was in this condition for almost six months during the final days of the game’s development.
According to Keighley, Kojima was “locked in a separate room on a different floor from his development team”. He was not even allowed to directly speak to his team members, and as he had to relay the information to someone else
During an interview with Glixel, Keighley said that under these circumstances, Kojima worked and “it was a belief that we had to be back on the same stage to give him his due and give him the award that he was robbed of last year.”
Now, the Metal Gear Solid 5 The Phantom Pain creator is working for his own product house. The man is currently working on a PS4/PC title which he showed off during The Game Awards 2016. The Death Stranding trailer ran on the PS4 Pro, and more details about the game is speculated to be revealed during the PlayStation Experience 2016 starting December 3. This year’s Industry Icon award was given to Kojima at The Game Awards 2016. During the show, Kojima said that at some point he thought that he lost everything,