Developer Red Squirrel has released XBOX360 Games Easy Updater v2.0 for Windows and Linux. Without the need of Xbox Live, you can use this handy app to search for and download updates for your 360 games.
It’s a simple [Windows and Linux] tool to search for and download updates for your XBOX360 games directly from your PC (no need of XBOX Live!). You have simply to select one or more XBOX360 ISOs and the program automatically will get the Media-ID (using ABGX) and will search for the latest available update on the online database of xbuc.net. Then you’ll can download it directly using this program, so without the need to open any internet browser or external programs.
This program does not require an installation in your PC but you need the Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile.
If you don’t have already installed it then you can download its official Standalone Installer from here: http://www.tinyurl.com/net-framework4.
To run this program just double click on .exe file.
- Completely rewritten the layout of the GUI
- Now the program will not close automatically
- Batch support: you can now work with more than just one ISO
- Two new options available:
- Silent Mode that performs all operations without asking for user confirmations
- Rename all Mode that prevents overwriting files which are named in the same way
- First public release for the Microsoft Windows compatible version
- Compatibility with every existent XBOX360 game, XGB3 included (thanks to the new ABGX v1.0.6)
- No need for external exe tools (abgx360 and curl are included in the standalone application exe)
- Only English language available in the program (translations will come in future)
This program uses ABGX360 to get your ISO’s Media-ID but don’t worry, it uses the -w parameter to avoid any writing on your ISO, as ABGX360 help says:
-w, –nowrite disable all writes to the input file(s) (for when you just want to check files without modifying them)
This program uses the online database on xbuc.net to search for your game’s available updates. It only search for the latest available update because as xbuc.net says:
Updates are commulative. This means that you only need the newest title update.